7 minutes with a pair of 29 Sqn Typhoons

Edit My Images
Yes
A pair of 29 Sqn aircraft visited RAF Valley yesterday giving our trainees an opportunity to have a look at their (hopefully) next aircraft type. Due to a busy schedule I had only 7 minutes on the ASP to photograph the aircraft before my next programmed event. Pleasingly the 4 Sqn MCO has already used one of the shots on the Sqn Twitter feed.

29 Sqn Typhoons at RAF Valley 21 Jul 14
by StampedeT2, on Flickr

by StampedeT2, on Flickr

by StampedeT2, on Flickr

by StampedeT2, on Flickr

by StampedeT2, on Flickr

by StampedeT2, on Flickr

Yes, yes I've literally just seen the dust mote in #1 ..... disappointing!

Constructive Critique appreciated.

Regards,

Cheesy

After visiting Farnborough this weekend I can appreciate the power of the Typhoon. And yep those afterburners are pretty sexy to me :)

Lovely set. Just hope mine from Farnborough come out as good but then i could not get as close as you.

Yes, yes I've literally just seen the dust mote in #1 ..... disappointing!

Cheesy

D'oh!

I'm hoping to have a stop at the loop this afternoon and maybe tomorrow, do you know if there is much traffic planned?

D'oh!

I'm hoping to have a stop at the loop this afternoon and maybe tomorrow, do you know if there is much traffic planned?

Traffic might tail off a bit in the afternoon, last 4FTS landing is 1200L

Well done, I saw that twitter pic; #6 was it?

it was taken from the same position as 6, but was actually shot on my Samsung S4 in panoramic mode.

I hate you paul :p

stunners ;)

Cheers!

After visiting Farnborough this weekend I can appreciate the power of the Typhoon. And yep those afterburners are pretty sexy to me :)
I think you mean noise. It was setting off car alarms at the validation flights :D

Great sky and use of it, interesting angles and details. Stunning stuff once again and thanks for posting.

Great shots and, as always, very envious.
I'm quite surprised at how scratched/scuffed up the fuselages are. I guess they have to go through a lot of wear and tear during flight etc. and I suppose they are kept dulled down for camouflage reasons but they do look a little worn?
Have you ever flown in one? Bet they are a shock after a hawk, aren't they?

Nothing to add to the above, Paul - as always a great set. Might be worth a try at cropping the ground out of #5 although the (?) ladder dangling down under the nose could be a give away.

Great shots and, as always, very envious.
I'm quite surprised at how scratched/scuffed up the fuselages are. I guess they have to go through a lot of wear and tear during flight etc. and I suppose they are kept dulled down for camouflage reasons but they do look a little worn?
Have you ever flown in one? Bet they are a shock after a hawk, aren't they?

Thanks for the comments. Regarding the paintwork, these jets are flown hard! The matt colour minimsies reflections that could be the difference between life and death in a combat scenario. I flew in a Typhoon in 2012 (see below) - a truly phenomenal experience.

Nothing to add to the above, Paul - as always a great set. Might be worth a try at cropping the ground out of #5 although the (?) ladder dangling down under the nose could be a give away.

Cheers! It's always difficult to make Typhoon on the ground look as if its flying because the canards park in a really unattractive position. I was fortunate enough to grab these air to airs in 2012 though:

Typhoon by StampedeT2, on Flickr

Typhoon by StampedeT2, on Flickr

Close Formation in cloud by StampedeT2, on Flickr

Regards,

Cheesy

Thanks for the comments. Regarding the paintwork, these jets are flown hard! The matt colour minimsies reflections that could be the difference between life and death in a combat scenario. I flew in a Typhoon in 2012 (see below) - a truly phenomenal experience.
Regards,

Cheesy
Thanks for the explanation and those pictures. They are awesome machines. I was lucky enough to see one doing a display at Goodwood this year and was amazed to see the manoeuvrability of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back