A Balanced Breakfast

Why do you have to go all serious and spoil it all?
That photo is so easy it's not worth setting up:nailbiting:

Haha I have no egg puns in me. I was eggshausted just reading through the thread ;)

Well volunteered to attempt the photo though :D

I shell try to 'w'rack my brain though...

Haha I have no egg puns in me. I was eggshausted just reading through the thread ;)

Well volunteered to attempt the photo though :D

I'll consult my photo albumen for my past attempts!
(Scraping the barrel now!)

I assume that is a real photo, albeit with "stage" eggs. They are easy enough to obtain from a well known auction site - I have a couple.

Trouble I can't be ars*d. I've moved on mentally from egg photos.

Hi, not done it yet - maybe tomorrow. Here's one I've done today. As is the norm I won't say how I did it!!!

Omelette anyone?
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr
Love this shot and im really sorry for this very minor opinion.......... I wish the egg was just ever so slightly straighter!!! To me it looks like its falling back towards the domino's? sorry :exit:

One tip I can add if you want to try egg balancing - give the raw egg a good shake first before boiling. This will centre the yolk in the albumen and give you a more internally balanced egg.

That is not eggsagerating, gives you a bit of eggersise but will not eggsaust you and gives you eggcelent results.

I too have done the egg balanced on the fork shot. That was the start of my egg fettish. I have done a few egg shots since then. Have you seen my 'Cheeky Eggs' image? I have posted it on this forum too.

I don't sell my wall art images for a lot. A signed and numbered framed print approx 16" x 12" goes for about £40. I do special offers like 3 for 2. Change my pricing dependent upon where my craft fair is and the type of clientele. For example I did a Christmas craft fair at a stateley home and charged more than at a craft fair in an old mining village.I don't sell lots but I love that people like and want to display my images.

And as you have all been so interested I will just say.......it's amazing what double sided tape can do!

Love this shot and im really sorry for this very minor opinion.......... I wish the egg was just ever so slightly straighter!!! To me it looks like its falling back towards the domino's? sorry :exit:

Yes, thank you. Yes it is - marginally. I had spotted that. I did try and improve it in photoshop but it didn't really work. Also the reflective base looks a bit skewwiff but I've put a line down it and it is as near as it's ever going to be.

It was damned hard getting the egg to even stay there so I'm going to leave things as they are. The egg was supported - as you might have guessed - but I wanted to hide the support and not have to mess around in PP trying to remove it. I wanted to keep the background separation intact. Think I got that bit right.

The dominoes are also not 100% perfect. Just litle things, but a ruler shows up their flaws. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to straight lines and 90 degree angles, and this picture does have imperfections. Think I need a jig to set things up properly.

Too many straight lines and parallax from camera angles play tricks with the mind, or at least they do with my mind!!!

There are definitely some keepers here, some for the albumen ;)

Back