a beach shot

Dark suits perfectly. Apart from the LH side, where there is too much IMO. I'd be tempted to crop just left of the person just behind the rock. Lose the tide line in the background then though. A conundrum.

Hi Geof nice to see you back too avitar lol, great atmosphere captured on the beach love the light certainly has helped with bringing out the Silhouette, however is that rain approching in the thirds or noise ?

Dark suits perfectly. Apart from the LH side, where there is too much IMO. I'd be tempted to crop just left of the person just behind the rock. Lose the tide line in the background then though. A conundrum.

thanks Alan...your comment on the crop seems more valid now its been put to me...i did quite a bit of dodging and burning on this and could perhaps resurrect it a bit more as you have suggested
cheers
geof

Hi Geof nice to see you back too avitar lol, great atmosphere captured on the beach love the light certainly has helped with bringing out the Silhouette, however is that rain approching in the thirds or noise ?

cheers Kevin
yes i wouldnt be surprised if its noise
i had a look at the original and its a mucky shot...relying solely on impact and not able to stand up to too much technical inspection
will look out the colour version and do an assessment again
glad of your comments
cheers
geof

I don't think it is too dark Geof and I really love the way you've included interest all round the photo. I clicked on it to see if it would go bigger, but it took me to a private account on Pixie? No matter, it's a fine shot even at this size.

I don't think it is too dark Geof and I really love the way you've included interest all round the photo. I clicked on it to see if it would go bigger, but it took me to a private account on Pixie? No matter, it's a fine shot even at this size.

mrcrow
yeshua

i dont mean it to be private...i will have to see if it will do public as flikr does
i use pixie as it gives a good range of sizes to download and the integrity is pretty good
if you download the original...and i dont mind...you can see the aberrations which dont show on the smaller one
i cant remember how i processed this...and am searching with no luck for the colour original
cheers
geof

That was well worth viewing at the larger size Geof, but I didn't download it.

That was well worth viewing at the larger size Geof, but I didn't download it.

no worries...there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that any of my shots need protection...just tlc..:cool:

Back