A certain pair of Avro's finest updated for the third and last time!

Name
Caleb
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry - another Thumper and Vera thread, these shots are from Shuttleworth flying proms but (at the risk of becoming a Lanc Groupie) hopefully seeing them at Clacton and Duxford again. First go, kept swapping between the 70-200 and the 400 and kept the speed up this time to 1/320 as I wanted some keepers. Usually you get just enough prop blur but for some reason I've got very clearly defined blurred props? The light kept changing - from slightly dark to very dark - and the cloud didn't help.

Lancaster Pair by cw318is, on Flickr

I'll add to this thread when I next catch them. The sound really is something else, made me go all giddy on the first pass.

Nice set. Under the poor conditions I think you have done well. Don't worry about the props just look at some of the official photos that are being published ! Nearly all are showing frozen props.
These two aircraft are unique and this is probably the only chance for us all to get a photo of them flying together, so the important thing to you is you have recorded the moment for your immediate and continued pleasure.
Thanks for posting

The last image of the underneath of the Pair is not something to seen by many.. Very good image :clap::)

Second attempt was a week ago, thought I'd add to this post rather then start another one. Clacton was pretty hard for me - as in getting shots, to get to the show was a 15 minute walk! These were taken from the pier...... into the sun....

Clacton 2014 by cw318is, on Flickr

And some monos....

So, still not getting the results I wanted but very pleased to be able to see the pair together. One last chance for me at Duxford in a fortnights time!

Very last batch I promise and no doubt you are all bored of seeing them, but I've really enjoyed the 3 displays I saw - very glad the Canadians came over and certainly a sight and sound that will stay with me for a while. Taken at Duxford last weekend in the orrible overcast bit of the day.....

Bye Vera, thanks for the visit and have a good journey home :)

A massive thank you to the crews, groundcrews, staff and volunteers of both the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight for making the visit happen (and Thwaites for picking some of the bill for Bomber Tour 14)

Back