Critique A Clouded Yellow

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Another trek into the hill where I live (South of France) Lots to see and photograph but this bloody Mistrel wind really dont help so I guess another walkies tomorrow :D
Anyhow, I got this Clouded yellow even with the 40 kph breeze, a little touch up with the colour curve in GIMP and bobs ya uncle.

View attachment 39489
Thanks for looking and a larger view is available on my Flickr.
Any C&C is welcome

Never used Gimp but touching something up with a colour curve sounds odd :p I assume you're using that to tweak the exposure/brightness of the whole shot or does it actually change colour?

That's a nice shot Graham, fine detail, good composition, and lovely delicate colours.(y)

George.

Never used Gimp but touching something up with a colour curve sounds odd :p I assume you're using that to tweak the exposure/brightness of the whole shot or does it actually change colour?
Hi Etienne, colour curve I guess it is like exposure/brightness allowing me to lighten or darken the subject and or background. Its a nice little tool, well for me anyway.

Nice colours, composition, detail, focus and bokeh. Shutup:cool:

Hi Etienne, colour curve I guess it is like exposure/brightness allowing me to lighten or darken the subject and or background. Its a nice little tool, well for me anyway.

Fair enough :) same sorta thing I do when I process mine in Lightroom

you did very well to get that in windy conditions buddy

It's lovely

Les

you did very well to get that in windy conditions buddy

It's lovely

Les
Thanks Les and yes I did, never the best of conditions, more like a hurricane in macro though ;)

Wow, missed this one Graham, what amazing colours, great shot.
Cheers Neil, they sure are nicely coloured, giving macro a rest today, need to top up my tan :cool::p

Back