A couple from London

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a trip to London yesterday and had a bit of time out to shoot so I thought I'd try something different to the norm (I normally do motorsport.)

This sort of thing really does interest me, but I never feel quite as confident with it as I do motorsport.

I'd genuinely appreciate any comments/criticism, it all helps and I'm always seeking to improve.

old versus new by eyedea-media, on Flickr

passing time by eyedea-media, on Flickr

I like both. #1 love the old and the new and how they mingle. The 2nd looks a bit HDRish, but I like a lot. Has a surreal feel to it.

I like both. #1 love the old and the new and how they mingle. The 2nd looks a bit HDRish, but I like a lot. Has a surreal feel to it.

Thanks for your reply, Zulfi.

Glad you got what I was after with the first one, I wasn't quite sure how to do it but I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, (I think! :LOL:)

As for the second, I get what you mean there, I think because I wanted to make more from the clouds. It looked a little boring otherwise and needed a little something added to it. This was my second attempt of doing it in PP, as the first one was WAY too overcooked in the HDR side of things. Glad it still worked for you though! (y)

I do wonder if I've got the right idea based on the lack of feedback! Little concerning at times! :shake:

I am not sure about No1

I like No2 but it needs more contrast for me.

How is this

Not_my_shot_24.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure about No1

I like No2 but it needs more contrast for me.

How is this

Not_my_shot_24.jpg

I like that! Perhaps a TAD overcooked though? Which is what I'd tried to avoid, like it nonetheless though. Also noticed you cropped it a little more too, was driving me mad trying to decide how to crop that! :LOL:

I think that No.2 could work better in colour, but I don’t know what the colour version looks like to make that judgement fully.

Colour is a little boring, I'd post it up but sadly had a hard drive failure recently and these shots just happened to be on there. Gutted but could have been much worse! Thank you for your feedback!

I like that! Perhaps a TAD overcooked though? Which is what I'd tried to avoid, like it nonetheless though. Also noticed you cropped it a little more too, was driving me mad trying to decide how to crop that! :LOL:!

Your version has no real blacks and hardly any whites as shown by a histogram just a lot of grey tones. I added a little contrast and cropped it and sharpened it very simply in photoshop and cropped it. Often a crop is easier for someone else to see.

Back