A couple from Scilly

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of sunsets from Scilly a couple of weeks ago - Both show the sunset over the island of Samson.
I'm quite pleased with the 1st one as it was hard to focus on the water-drop as it was a bit breezy. I've inverted the image so that the mini-scene is the right-way-up. The drop was on an Agapanthus stem.
14796009338_30ea36e0a3_c.jpg

14982607235_b5a8bcdd5c_c.jpg

I do like the first shot very much, well composed and the processing works very well. I do like the sunbeams in the second but the clouds look slightly odd.

I really like the second image.
I think the cloud might appear a little odd because there are three clear levels of cloud there.
I do love a dramatic sky, abs crepuscular rays are a bonus.

One thing which is a shame is nothing about either shot says 'Scilly" to me.

Thanks for the comments. There has been very little processing on the photos - the clouds in the second image really did look like that on the evening as the light was quite peculiar.
viv1969 - I have loads (1000's) of 'Scilly' shots, but wanted to try something different this time. It getting to the point where I'm actually taking fewer shots with each visit ! So many fantastic opportunities on the islands and yet I'm getting more 'picky' as I try to avoid re-shooting the same scenes/images. I must be going slightly mad :(;)

Back