A couple from the other day - a pheasant and a squirrel

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I know not the wildest of beasts to roam our shores, but hey I was out testing the new 400mm and thought I'd post a couple of the better ones.

Feel free to rip into them, especially regarding post production.

Hi John,
In the first image, I LOVE that colour and its tones on the body feathers.
I really like that 2nd image, proper pose, great timing :)

My only crits would be:
I think your whites are blown in the first image, the beak and neck feathers (not much detail in the neck feathers, I can barely make out the feathers itself, it might be my screen though, so someone with a good screen can let you know for definite).

My screen is calibrated and the white's on the Pheasant are blown a tad

I like the composition though and the BG really suits, The squirrel too is an interesting pose well shot

Les ;)

Thanks Les, I'll check the histogram on the pheasant, I thought I'd dodged that, but may have faffed about afterwards.

Both these two were great, the squirrel wandered up, posed and left, the pheasant was even worse, he came in from the woods walked a little struck a pose and was gone ☺

Thanks Les, I'll check the histogram on the pheasant, I thought I'd dodged that, but may have faffed about afterwards.

Both these two were great, the squirrel wandered up, posed and left, the pheasant was even worse, he came in from the woods walked a little struck a pose and was gone ☺

I'm a Game Keeper- I know all about Pheasants :D:D:D:D

Damn, sorry Carl - I cross answered and whats worse only just noticed!

Back