A couple of holiday landscape shots

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Spent a couple of weeks in Spain in August and finally finished my editing and sorting.

First shots are of St Michaels cave in Gibralter, wasn't expecting much from Gibralter but loved it, the cave is one of the best I have seen - its huge and comes ready lightpainted - very atmospheric! They use it for orchestra concerts etc as well.

1.) St Michaels Cave - Gibralter
20140726-IMG_7282.jpg by Inglesias, on Flickr

2.) St Michaels Cave - Gibralter
20140726-IMG_7296.jpg by Inglesias, on Flickr

The next 3 are taken early evening up a mountain near the coast, they had some great telescopes setup at the top when it got dark, got to see Saturn, Mars etc.

3.)
20140801-IMG_7648.jpg by Inglesias, on Flickr

4.)
20140801-IMG_7655.jpg by Inglesias, on Flickr

5.)
20140801-IMG_7658.jpg by Inglesias, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

The first two have a very eerie feel to them, which, given the location, is not unsurprising!

For me though, the three moutain top shots aren't doing much. They're great "look where I was" memory shots though :)

The different spot lights are quiet distracting in the first picture. The second is nicer and the composition flows better. I'm not sure of the choice of using coloured lightning on this kind of subject (not your fault) maybe converting it to black and white will work?

The 3 mountains shot are not doing much to me either. I think it's the lightning condition the problem. There is a lot of haze, a lot of dark shadow and a few very bright highlights. Not an easy situation to be taking pictures.

Back