A couple of hours at Preston Docks MX.

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i took a drive to preston docks mx track yesterday and its a very nice set-up they have there and the track looked perfect, anyway i took a few photos and thought i would show a few of them to the good people here on tp.

As you may have guessed by now, i like to have a mess in lightroom and these are no exception, simple edits in Basic, an added preset and i don't think you can miss the vignette's, all except no.1 which has just had the simple edit in the basic section of lightroom.

DSC_9999 by J.Garton, on Flickr

DSC_0031 by J.Garton, on Flickr

DSC_0031-2 by J.Garton, on Flickr

DSC_0045 by J.Garton, on Flickr

DSC_0061 by J.Garton, on Flickr

DSC_0061-2 by J.Garton, on Flickr

great poses and fab captures but those damned power lines! I dont think you can do much about the one's in the last three images but you should be able to sort the wires out in the first :)

The riders look very cool when they're looking / pointing at you. Love them! (except the power lines, feckin things).

great poses and fab captures but those damned power lines! I dont think you can do much about the one's in the last three images but you should be able to sort the wires out in the first :)

The riders look very cool when they're looking / pointing at you. Love them! (except the power lines, feckin things).

Cheers Carl, I was the only photographer there so the riders were all posing for me as they went over the jump.:)

#2 for me. The vignette makes the colours of the bikes and nutters (riders) stand out. Good stuff!

Thank you.
Yeah! some positive feedback on my processing. :banana:

Mike, i thought the same and its the reason i added them.

The thing is nothing looked scary, they was under control at all times, what was a bit scary was no.1 if you notice he is pointing right at me whereas all the others are side on, that's because he took the jump diagonally, i did think wonder whilst holding the shutter down...

I went 1 better, I've got a potential booking with them when they hire the track out in a months time.;)

I've been having a play with Photoshop (still learning :thinking:) and managed to come up with this, its not perfect but i at least have a good idea of what is required to make this shot work.

The original file is 565mb and 10617 x 5468 in size and would be quite impressive printed at full resolution, im sure you have all seen it done bigger & better but i am happy with this for a first try, i should also say none of the shots were taken with this in mind, i cant wait to try this again when i shoot with this shot in mind now i have a good idea of what is required.

Jump. by J.Garton, on Flickr

Back