A Day in Dorset

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Headed down to Dorset last Saturday, in an attempt to get the elusive sunrise through the arch shot. Sadly clouds had other ideas so I spent much of the times shooting in other directions.

Retract by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Wash by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

I then headed over to Swanage to meet up with Rich Hurst, to shoot the old pier.

Disrepair by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

We then went over to Kimmeridge Bay. Took this one as the blue hour crept in.

The Shelf Reflects by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

C&C welcomed :)

The first two don't do very much for me Jake, but I really like the B&W shot and the excellent PP conversion. I also like the last shot very much.(y)

George.

Fantastic light in the Swanage pier shot and I really like the texture on the shelf in the Kimmeridge photo.

#3 is rather good imo. Don't normally like mono and I don't normally like square crops, even less so with landscape/seascape shots, but with the centralised horizon it just somehow works.

The last for me. The light on the foreground slabs is lovely and there's a line in the water leading to the headland that takes the eye right into the image. I'm not a fan of mono so I won't comment on that one. The first two are a bit........err....boring for me.

#3 is rather good imo. Don't normally like mono and I don't normally like square crops, even less so with landscape/seascape shots, but with the centralised horizon it just somehow works.
The last for me. The light on the foreground slabs is lovely and there's a line in the water leading to the headland that takes the eye right into the image. I'm not a fan of mono so I won't comment on that one. The first two are a bit........err....boring for me.
The last two are lovely shots Jake
Thanks all :) I knew the last 2 would be the popular ones. The first two are very bland in comparison.

I would agree, 1&2 have very little going on for them.

3 is lovely, although I would be tempted to clone out the right hand horizon - but other than that can't fault it!

4 has sublime tones reflecting off the wet rock, but I find the jet black headland really distracting but the rest of it is great.

Thanks for your comments guys :) I wanted the headland as a silhouette, but I understand that's not to everyone's taste. With the isle of White being a permanent feature off the coast I feel it wouldn't be right to clone it.

With the isle of White being a permanent feature off the coast I feel it wouldn't be right to clone it.
Oh I totally agree, in so much I wouldn't normally clone out stuff to make a shot something it isn't, but the Isle of Wight is so small here in shot that it doesn't really look like anything so you could get away with it.

I also rate the second two images with the last of the bunch being especially nice. I especially like the way the rocks lead the eye into the picture, great stuff !

Back