A different take on FIAGT - Silverstone

Name
Mark Woodhall
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I have seen some excellent photos on here from various stages of the FIAGT weekend at Silverstone, so here are some not so excellent ones.

Its the first time I have taken a camera to Motorsport. In fact, I have only really been using a camera for 3 or so weeks.

Anyway, I know they are not great but some feedback would be awesome.

On a different note the main race was great I thought!

Thanks in advance for any comments, hope you like them.

considering the weather, the circuit and your inexperience in shooting motorsport i reckon you should be pretty happy with those!

Thank you very much, the weather was pretty terrible today but at least the light or lack of it was pretty consistent!!

Anything I need to watch our for and improve next time?

Mark,

Great set of pics, you seem to have found the good spots to get the panning shots from. Thats the good thing about Silverstone plenty of banking with seats on to get shots from.
Spent many an hour there myself.

Also try to get on to the tarmac area near the Luffield complex as you can get some shots from here without the fencing getting in the way.

Keep em coming.

Regards

Tim

Oh btw whats silverstone like for photography? I am going for the renault world series in june

It was pretty good I thought. There were a fair few decent spots, spent a fair bit of time around and in between Abbey and club!

I was fairly pleased with some of the positions you could take up. :)

Im planning on going for world series too!

Mark,

Great set of pics, you seem to have found the good spots to get the panning shots from. Thats the good thing about Silverstone plenty of banking with seats on to get shots from.
Spent many an hour there myself.

Also try to get on to the tarmac area near the Luffield complex as you can get some shots from here without the fencing getting in the way.

Keep em coming.

Regards

Tim

Thanks for the comments, I did have a great day and thought I had managed to find some good spots.

I did take a lot early one from luffield and had major issues with the top of the fencing getting in the way and when I went back later on it had got pretty crowded!

It was pretty good I thought. There were a fair few decent spots, spent a fair bit of time around and in between Abbey and club!

I was fairly pleased with some of the positions you could take up. :)

Im planning on going for world series too!

I have never been to silverstone before. I got asked by my brother in law if i want to go so i couldnt refuse!

Mark,

Luffield does get a bit crowded, alot of photographers tend to get there and grab their spot for the day. The fence can be avoided but there is a bit of a nack to it.

P5051292c.jpg

You can also get some nice shots as the cars come out from under the bridge, again need to avoid the fence.

P5050942c.jpg

Both of these were taken in 2007.

Regards

Tim

Fence avoidance is the key thing to shooting at Silverstone. When they use the National or International circuits it can really be quite hard. Becketts (I think it is) is the only place where you can get a clear shot with no fence at all in the way.

At Luffield, the only place to shoot imo is up against the fence, which isnt normally allowed.

Mark, some good work there, especially given your level of experience!

Mark,

Luffield does get a bit crowded, alot of photographers tend to get there and grab their spot for the day. The fence can be avoided but there is a bit of a nack to it.

P5051292c.jpg

You can also get some nice shots as the cars come out from under the bridge, again need to avoid the fence.

P5050942c.jpg

Both of these were taken in 2007.

Regards

Tim

Thanks for the help Tim, nice Shots. Where exactly was the first one taken from then?

I did have a quick go by the bridge but that didnt work to well either! Guess you just have to get used to the spots.

Fence avoidance is the key thing to shooting at Silverstone. When they use the National or International circuits it can really be quite hard. Becketts (I think it is) is the only place where you can get a clear shot with no fence at all in the way.

At Luffield, the only place to shoot imo is up against the fence, which isnt normally allowed.

Mark, some good work there, especially given your level of experience!

Yeah, I did find the fences to be a bit of a pain and trying to avoid them was sometimes a little tricky. Overall though it was ok.

Thanks a lot for the comments :)

(y)

Here are a few more..... Approaching on the 'dodgy' ones now!

No more now, I promise!

hi...some good ones there, I presume that it was from today - watched a bit in the telly and the weather did look awful.

just signed up for the free tickets to the Renault World Series so I'll be going along if I get some tickets - sounds like there should be a few of us there, have you all got your TP straps :)

crap

and if its anything like WSR at Donington in previous years you'll be luck if you can get anywhere near a good photo spot.

Yeah, I've heard that as well. I think its meant to attract a lot of idiots as well. Could be wrong though...

The Renault thing at Donington last year was a freebie... so expect that drew a lot of muppets...

Back