A Few Days in Paris

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from a recent trip to Paris. Comments and critiques are appreciated :) There are a couple of typical "touristy" shots, but I don't think you can go there without taking those :D

-1-
A statue outside of the Louvre museum
Ilford HP5+

-2-
A row of lamposts outside the Louvre
Ilford HP5+

-3-
The famous pyramids of the Louvre
Ilford HP5+

-4-
A metro stop
Ilford HP5+

-5-
Under the Arc De Triomphe at night
Ilford HP5+ pushed +2 stops

-6-
The Moulin Rouge
Fuji Provia 400X pushed +2 stops

-7-
Another one of the Moulin Rouge. The colours are as they came out from the scanner, with no change to saturation; Provia is a wonderful film!

-8-
Candles inside the Notre Dame cathedral

-9-
A bicycle. I had a thing for shooting bikes for some reason!
Fuji Provia 400X

-10-
Paris Bikes.
Kodak Portra 400

-11-
A water fountain near to the Eiffel Tower
Kodak Porta 400

-12-
Like I said... Touristy shots!
Kodak Portra 400

-13-
A scooter
Kodak Portra 400

-14-
The Military School
Kodak Portra 400

-15-
Lights outside the Notre Dame
Kodak Portra 400

-16-
The view from the second level of the Eiffel Tower. Wasn't able to go to the top as it was closed for maintenance.
Ilford HP5+

Last edited:
Nice set, No16 is a cracker though (y)

A lovely set of images, they realy envoque The feeling of Paris.

Mart

Terrific set Carl. Makes me wanna go there.

I was drawn to this as I am meant to be taking the mrs to Paris,
Can I just show her these and save me a wad of cash??

Esp like #5 and #16. Awesome work.

Great set, makes you want to visit paris, 5, 7 and 16 's my favourites.

Thanks everyone :) Paris really is a great place to visit, especially with a camera!

Seems that number 16 is generally the favourite, and it's mine too. Spent a couple hours in the shed (err, I mean darkroom) last night printing some shots, and got a good print of number 16 which I'm going to mount and hang :)

Thanks everyone :) Paris really is a great place to visit, especially with a camera!

Seems that number 16 is generally the favourite, and it's mine too. Spent a couple hours in the shed (err, I mean darkroom) last night printing some shots, and got a good print of number 16 which I'm going to mount and hang :)

Hope you've got a note made of the timings, and some BIG paper on order to get a serious print of that one :)

Hope you've got a note made of the timings, and some BIG paper on order to get a serious print of that one :)

Yep all the details are written on the back so I can't forget :D Think my enlarger will print up to about 20x20" but my trays and workspace are nowhere near big enough :LOL:

Back