A few Dj/people shots

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
No
A few shot recently in MOS I thought id share.

It going a bit mad
gallery_03.04.09-181.jpg

A couple of Dj headshots
gallery_17.04.09-96.jpg

the_gallerys_14th_birthday-64.jpg

A lovely smile
gallery_03.04.09-154.jpg

And a bit of fun...
the_gallerys_14th_birthday-35.jpg

Number 1 for me, it's very atmospheric.

Might be my glasses :)bang:) but number 3 looks a tad soft...I could be wrong though :LOL:

Lovely subject matter in number 4 :naughty: And I think the conversion works well too.

Number 5's mental, but a cracking, fun shot.

#1...excellent, excellent shot :D captured the club atmosphere really well.

cheers, the lighting for 1 isnt allways like that, but another example of how much fun it can be to play with when the lighting guys are being kind to me :D

the_gallerys_14th_birthday-196.jpg

the_gallerys_14th_birthday-230.jpg

I really do love getting photos of people having fun, the moving lights etc.... its more random and more of a challenge at times

Last edited:
how did you get the lighting guys to be kind as I am shooting some promo's for a dj friend so if I want paticular lights for a bit I can almost certainly get em but what do I ask for

how did you get the lighting guys to be kind as I am shooting some promo's for a dj friend so if I want paticular lights for a bit I can almost certainly get em but what do I ask for

I shoot every week in the venue, so know what lights work and what dont. They used the lights in photo one and i just asked them to do it again once I was back in the booth with a different lens fitted, they want photos of the lights looking good so easy to get them to do something that will work for me :D

Its all personal prefrence, for example in the booth we have 4 spot lights on the dj which have a varied choice of colour, they often use red/blue and sometimes white. Depends on the Dj and what they are wearing I find as to what colour works nice.

just trial and error and seeing what works. For example the shot there varies totally differently to a venue like KOKO in camden where theres a nice big light rig behind you to play with and not a big set of leds giving the DJ funky skin tones

as you can see different type of shot/settings etc which might be more suitable for you to shoot with etc...
IMG_1104.jpg

Exif should be intact so its there incase you want to look

Last edited:
No 1 is the pick of the bunch for me - No 4 is also very, very good... (y)

Back