A few for feedback..

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys, not posted any photos in a while, so I thought i'd have a quick C+C session.

Please if you have any, give me some on the folliwng pics..

Firstly, a night shot. This earned me the "picture of the day" in the local paper, FIrst time i'd entered too, so I was chuffed :)
Moon just out of shot to the left.
IMG_0097 by BennyBoo43, on Flickr

Everything hit me this night.. Batteries died halfway through and I didnt realise, making me stay there an hour longer than needed.. (-2 that night!) Cars kept coming past even though it was 0100 and this road goes nowhere..!
Startrail_17-01-15_1 by BennyBoo43, on Flickr

And just a couple of walking about shots..

Out and about in Cleethorpes by BennyBoo43, on Flickr

Out and about in Cleethorpes by BennyBoo43, on Flickr

I'm really just trying to gather if i'm going in the right direction or not..
Are these pictures nice..? Pleasing?

Anything easy that i've missed from any of these..?

Thanks for your time people :)

#2 for me, #1 looks a bit dark on my monitor, maybe a bit of additional light on the front side of the tower to match in a bit with the left side?

Thanks for that Chris :)

I'm torn between both #1 and #2.. One is fine on my screen.. But it is darker than the side.. I did no aditional lighting on this though, All moonlight and 20s exposure
:D

1 and 2 are stunning in my opinion. The building looks a bit "cartoony" but that maybe because I'm on my phone. Awesome!

I really like the first one but am I right in thinking this is a small scale railway as the track looks very narrow? It catches the light well as it snakes into the distance and that's a big plus point. The second one is good but it maybe looks a bit too light and I'm wondering if you've tried darkening the sky a bit to see how that would work? The foreground can't get much darker and might even stand a slight crop to reduce its prominence.

Thankyou all, really appreciate the feedback.

Its the East Coast Light Railway in Cleethorpes, Peter B, so yes,
Small scale.

The second was edited, but only to take all warmth out the sky, then increasing Blue luminance. the foreground was darkened, just to bring out the sky.. No crop, at least not from the bottom..

Thanks for all the comments :)

Think you need a spirit level to fix on your camera.
1,2 & 4 are not level, can't tell with 3.
I like number 1 (apart from the leaning signal box), star are nicely visible in a nice coloured sky. Did you get a shot with the moon in it?
Number 2 is a nice shot and the potrait orientation suits it, but I don't like star trails, it's not something you are going to see and once you have seen one photo.....
Can't see the point in number 3.
For me number 4 has too much bland sky

Thanks for the feedback @seaodyssey :)

You might be able to answer too then.. So far I have been using Lightroom to set the horizon flat using the grid, in 1, 2 & 4 they all appear flat.. In fact, in number 1 the signal boxes closest corner is marked up in Lightroom as vertical..

Is there another way to check the levels?

I didn't get a shot with Mr Moon in, I thought it'd be too distracting..

Hi Ben

I just took your first shot and wacked it in PS and using the nearest corner of the box it is not straight , this photo shows as i left a white background on when straightening just how far out it was.

straighten.jpg

Back