A few from a shoot today.

Don't do flickr....too many websites :puke:

Anyway. Like the styling, you had some great opportunities there.

My choices, and reasons why.

The best of the bunch is the last one. You have NO extraneous information. It is just HER.

The others - good ideas for the poses, but it is YOUR POSITION that is letting them down. Go in closer, to cut out the background (I am not going to say open up stops, because you were probably stuck with whatever lens you own - probably an f4.5-f5.6 as most kit lenses seem to be. If you had a faster lens, then open it up to reduce the definition of the background - going closer has the same effect.

Next.

Thanks for the input, I would like to say however she told me she wanted quite a bit of background to show where she was. Her words were something along the lines of 'prostitute in a posh housing estate' so I had to get enough housing estate in to go with that.

But I do agree with you though and wish I had gone in closer for a few more shots...
Live and learn, eh?

and 2 and 3 were both taken with my Nifty Fifty, pretty much, if not, wide open...

no.5 for me. the poses look like something from final fantasy game (no.1) I dont think it suits the 'prostitute in posh area' pose wise. might look pretty funky with the correct environment.

nice angles well captured, but i think some other poses would have helped. tried mono-ing the others?

Back