A few from BSB - Oulton & Brands

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
My first ever time shooting motor sport was earlier this year with BSB at Oulton Park. Then I was lucky enough to be down south a few weeks back so made it to Brands Hatch for the final. Here's a few of my fav's, the Brands shots were a little better as I'd got myself a 70-200 L by then.

I also need to stop shooting at f4. The majority here are aperture priority & DoF is huge.

1. Wish that was me

oulton_park_bsb_27.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

2. Kiyo's back

oulton_park_bsb_63.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

3. Wheel-to-wheel

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-504.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

4. Shakey

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-067.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

5. Jed Metcher

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-061.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-081.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

7. Hurrah, I win

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-525.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

8. It all comes to this

BSB_Superbikes_2014_final-562.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

Bring on next season with a 7D Mkii!

Last edited:
Nice set. For me, no. 6 is the biz. With the panning and the front wheel off the ground you can almost feel and hear the acceleration.
Good record of the day :)

Nice set. For me, no. 6 is the biz. With the panning and the front wheel off the ground you can almost feel and hear the acceleration.
Good record of the day :)
Thank you :)

I liked that shot, especially given it was through a mesh fence! I'd of loved a bigger buffer than my 300D gives for that (well and the rest of the day!)

For the most part I've realised after seeing other people's EXIF data that I shoot with a far too wide aperture. Looking forward to next season to shoot improve things. Although I do have a rally event to test out my 7D mkii next weekend!

Nice shot of Shakey lifting the trophy. Be interested to hear what you make of the 7Dii, sounds very promising on paper.

Back