Captive A few from last night! More added!

Really lovely photos Saheed (sorry no actual crit). I hope to get similar shots of my little one when shes a little older.

I feel like 1 & 2 have had the highlights pulled down too much and maybe a bit of neg exposure added in post?

3 & 4 are superb though and of your usual standard.

I may be talking utter crap though as usual. :LOL:

I feel like 1 & 2 have had the highlights pulled down too much and maybe a bit of neg exposure added in post?

3 & 4 are superb though and of your usual standard.

I may be talking utter crap though as usual. :LOL:

Nearly! Just felt like it needed a radial filter for a bit of a vignette in the first two (so yes a different step in my workflow to usual!). Probably taken a bit too far in two as it looks a bit flatter than I intended looking back at it now!

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

Lovely stuff, Shaheed. Your girls throw some great faces!

So good Shaheed, as usual of course. Think I prefer the more contrasty processing of the second pair, but all are very, very good. The expression in the first is brilliant!

So good Shaheed, as usual of course. Think I prefer the more contrasty processing of the second pair, but all are very, very good. The expression in the first is brilliant!

Cheers Gareth!

I'll look at those first two again at some stage!

S

What set up do you use for your shots? And I'm correct in thinking you set up your studio in the bedroom or I'm confused with someone else haha? Want to try learn home portrait/start getting gear for when my kids are a bit older (no interest in standing still for me at the min!)

Always like your work shaheed and these continue to impress me :)

I think umbrella is best here

Cheers Adam!

Yep - until I miraculously get some more space somewhere, it's the bedroom wall and a couple of lencarta lights.

If I use the hilite I set up in the kitchen and shoot from the hallway!

S

I'm actually not as keen on the umbrella shot, but the one of Jacob is superb, IMO of course. :)

I'm actually not as keen on the umbrella shot, but the one of Jacob is superb, IMO of course. :)

Yeah - I'm not overly keen on the umbrella (the girls picked up a few props on the way to the "bedroom wall studios") so I just let them play with what they had!

I like that one of him too - I seem to have the fortune of taking pics of kids with great eyes! And for once, not a mono pic in sight!!

Thanks for looking!

S

I think for the umbrella shot to work, you need to lose the texture. A nice bright(er) cleaner background might help it pop a bit more. It just looks a bit drab. Jacob is wonderful!

I really like the first one, it's a bit different to your usual style (not that is anything wrong with your usual style).

I think it's the eyes through the glasses, they seem to grab me and pull me in to the photo.

Shows what I know about portraits haha
:) I could be very well off base... I was viewing it on my ipad when I wrote that, now looking on the computer it takes on a different look again. Still a great shot though! :)

:) I could be very well off base... I was viewing it on my ipad when I wrote that, now looking on the computer it takes on a different look again. Still a great shot though! :)

There is something nagging me about it though. Will look again when my run of nights is done!!

Back