A few from the weekend

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Just thought I'd share a few from a fairly informal weekend shoot i did. Constructive critique is always welcome. Cheers.

DSCF7675_1146.jpg

DSF8008_1601.jpg

DSF7905_1498.jpg

And just to prove she can do more than Tshirt and jeans
DSF8074_1245.jpg

TBH, pink hair and red dress are not an ideal colour combination :nono:, but we had to work with what we had in the clothes pile on the day. I might try mono, but it's the dress that gives it the impact really.

Anyway, feel free to comment.............

Not keen on the second, but really like the rest - well done! 3 is especially strong - love the mono & the expression.

see what ya mean on the dress :confused: some PP genius might make it blue but I doubt it tbh

also none to keen on two, just doesn't look like the girl in the other shots

tbh 1 is my fav, the crop is nice the space on camera right works. and I really like the DoF

agreed with above.

no.2 for me although I like no.1 and 3 has potential, I like the pose and the composition (natural light from the right?)

nice work and I guess its the compression and low res hence the slight noise?

Thanks for the feedback guys. (y)

No.1 was taken inside with my lights, I have loads more but haven't had a chance to go through them yet.

The others were out the back of where we were shooting and we headed out during the last hour of sunshine before dusk.

I always compress my images on the net; they are never going to have anything close to print quality online, so I go for a compromise betwenn speed and appearance......hopefully you get a feel for what the image is about. I have given the mono a bit of mild treatment during conversion. I'm a big fan of Nik Silver FX and this image was actually converted on several layers using a mixture of treatments to ensure detail was retained in the highlights and shadows, whilst adding a bit of grittiness to the overall image.

The idea of a blue dress isn't so mad ............. I might give that a go, just for the hell of it!

cheers
Mike

Back