A few of my newborn niece Katie

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to see the new addition to the family last weekend - Katie.

The house was messy and cluttered so I went for shallow dof to blow the background out. So hard getting focus so close at 1.8. Shots that looked ok on the back of the camera turned out to be oof when I checked them later on the pc.

Anyway, here are a few I was happy with, C+C welcome.

Katie1

Katie2

Katie3 by doublemint7600, on Flickr

Very nice shots,i would be very happy with them.:)

Nicely taken Dan. Love the processing on the third.

Thanks mate, it took me ages to edit these as I just wasn't getting the results I wanted.

congrats dan :) lovely set of images and glad you left the flaky skin in etc.. just natural and like david, the 3rd is a beaut.

Cheers Carl, I would never retouch babies skin, its just not natural to me. She has a few red marks on her eyes which I briefly thought of retouching but that idea soon went. I did reduce the saturation of the red though to give a nicer skin tone, but that's it.

I agree, the third is a beaut! All 3 are really good shots though. Being a sucker for feet shots I'm loving that second one as well!

I agree, the third is a beaut! All 3 are really good shots though. Being a sucker for feet shots I'm loving that second one as well!

Thanks for looking and commenting, i'm a sucker for feet/hands too just love the contrast in detail to smooth skin!

Back