A few seascapes.

Really like 1 and 4, 1 has a nice composition and lovely colour tones, 4 has a dramatic feel to it which I quite like. Nice work.

Thanks Sean!

Cheers Geoff :)

Thanks Matt!

I like the composition of the 1st and 3rd shot. Im just not very keen on the processing of the shots if im honest.

Thanks! Can I ask what it is that puts you off processing wise? I did a bit of colour treatment on these but I tried to be subtle :)

Ok, except maybe for number 4!

Number 1 has grown on me a little but I just still don't really like the colour cast.
Number 2 has the 'trying to look old' feel. It would definatly work as an advertisment for something or in a shabby chic type shop but im not really into much of that.
Number 3 looks to me like a half b and w. And the result is just desaturation.
And finally number 4 is a bit well cooked.

I hope that doesnt sound harsh as its just my opinion and no one takes much notice of that normally. Lol. Am just not to big on arty type stuff.

I rather like 1, 2 & 3 as the tonal range is apealing.

Number 1 has grown on me a little but I just still don't really like the colour cast.
Number 2 has the 'trying to look old' feel. It would definatly work as an advertisment for something or in a shabby chic type shop but im not really into much of that.
Number 3 looks to me like a half b and w. And the result is just desaturation.
And finally number 4 is a bit well cooked.

I hope that doesnt sound harsh as its just my opinion and no one takes much notice of that normally. Lol. Am just not to big on arty type stuff.
No probs, all feedback is good :)

15470664288_f01fb932c9_c.jpg

zxcv1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr
perhaps not to your liking in any event

2 is best but isnt a seascape...sort of seaside landscape
that aside its a bit yellow-ey for me and i would have taken out the incomplete house
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thanks Geof, yours seems a little to orange for my tastes! I see what you mean about the incomplete house, I should have framed it better (or cloned) but I think the car park to its right should stay, simply as for me, it's part of the landscape.

Agree about 2, it's more of a seaside photo, but it was all part of the set. In fact it was shot from exactly the same angle as the cliff shot, just facing the other way :)

Last edited:
Thanks Geof, yours seems a little to orange for my tastes! I see what you mean about the incomplete house, I should have framed it better (or cloned) but I think the car park to its right should stay, simply as for me, it's part of the landscape.

Agree about 2, it's more of a seaside photo, but it was all part of the set. In fact it was shot from exactly the same angle as the cliff shot, just facing the other way :)

orange puke i would say...i get so carried away i think everything should be boosted
glad you didnt like it...really!

cheers
geof

Back