A few shots from a wedding with 50mm

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Was at a good friend's wedding the other weekend, armed with my trusty 50mm Nikkor prime. It is a beautiful lens and I got some lovely shots with it. Although, when the sun came out it definitely was challenging - I do NOT envy wedding photographers, and have a HUGE amount of respect for them now!! But, it was a lovely day and I'm glad I have some good photos from the day.

DSC_0366a by Scottish Mike, on Flickr

DSC_0441a by Scottish Mike, on Flickr

DSC_0426 attempt 1 by Scottish Mike, on Flickr

Good depth-of-field, although it still allows for effective photobombing!
DSC_0469 by Scottish Mike, on Flickr

They all have a yellow/orange cast to them?

I'd hate to be shooting at a wedding where I'm not the main photographer, case and point in #2. I hate it when Uncle Bob comes along and gets peoples attention!

#1 is my favorite, it's a really nice candid moment.

Goes with the territory. The best way forward is to work with the situation ... :cool:

Exactly! I do like #2 because everyone's looking in different directions. Knowing the people it adds to the charm.

But please bear in mind I wasn't crashing the official photographer's shoots, and was staying out of their way. These photos were all posed for friends around the official togs.

Really like these, spontaneous and fun; just watch those minor over-exposed highlights on faces and neck in direct sunlight.

Back