A few shots of a recent baby photography shoot

Edit My Images
No
HI all, got these shots recently doing some baby photos for a friend who is a professional boxer, so we went with that theme for his little 4 month old :) feedback welcomed

10452828_729803877102954_7750232389065836588_o.jpg

A little photoshop on this one showing him to be super strong baby :D

10468121_729803880436287_5313160212962674457_o.jpg

1601958_729803873769621_8238520010330516807_o.jpg

1669951_729803910436284_8563343821527748862_o.jpg

10431286_729803913769617_2908370285483533029_o.jpg

10658735_729803917102950_7962159312549070703_o.jpg

1957855_729803973769611_734765379864466411_o.jpg

10710500_729803980436277_123118564444259467_o.jpg

Far too much going on in these photos for me.

Would have liked to see him actually posed. He looks like he's been dumped on the floor for a quick family snap.

I think eye contact would have improved these. They look a little noisy too?

Some nice focussing and a cute baby!

Yeah its the image compression unfort, the origonals are noise free, I will remember to link less compressed images in future :)

Far too much going on in these photos for me.

Would have liked to see him actually posed. He looks like he's been dumped on the floor for a quick family snap.

Yeah we tried to move him gently to get him posed but he was having non of it, 4 months old so couldnt do much with him without him moving himself but also couldnt support himself so had to settle for these shots, the poor little tyke was having non of it that day! lol, Thanks though, they are indeed busy images, but his dad wanted a good boxing theme on it

There are a number of composition problems with these photos, I don't like to talk about the usual rules that some photographers have to abide by but there's clearly something needed here.

There are a lot of dirty marks on the props and on the green mats, some of which look as though they could had been cleared up easily. I think a cleaner background with a selected prop would also have helped keep focus on the baby.

The baby is obviously looking at mum or dad who I bet are trying to make him laugh, they could had been best situated behind you.

I've had experience photographing babies and you're right, it is hard to pose them so you often have to let them to their own thing. I think because you have spent so long setting up props you may have been more concerned about that. If he was seated someone with some new boxing related things to play with, he will had suddenly had acted a lot more baby-like.

There are a number of composition problems with these photos, I don't like to talk about the usual rules that some photographers have to abide by but there's clearly something needed here.

There are a lot of dirty marks on the props and on the green mats, some of which look as though they could had been cleared up easily. I think a cleaner background with a selected prop would also have helped keep focus on the baby.

The baby is obviously looking at mum or dad who I bet are trying to make him laugh, they could had been best situated behind you.

I've had experience photographing babies and you're right, it is hard to pose them so you often have to let them to their own thing. I think because you have spent so long setting up props you may have been more concerned about that. If he was seated someone with some new boxing related things to play with, he will had suddenly had acted a lot more baby-like.

Composition problems where? in what way ?

Yeah its an unusual spot for a baby shoot, I usually do baby in a old vintage wooden bucket or basket with the baby on a soft rug with a cute out fit or head band on, all very cliche and what 1001 other photographers do, thats the usual bread and butter but thought would try different here. The marks on the matts are because its a working gym, im surprised u noticed these though as I didnt notice them at all - we wanted a 'grunge' look to it.

Defo agree on the positioning of him with a baby seat - we had all manner of problems sitting him up right, but we didnt have anything other than his pram he came in which wasnt suitable for the shoot, will ask them to bring a chair to shoot 2.

Again Im not a great fan of the layout but the colours are great! lovely and vivid.
Im forever trying to photograph my 3 month old so feel your pain with the whole 'co-operation' thing lol

Composition problems where? in what way ?

Yeah its an unusual spot for a baby shoot, I usually do baby in a old vintage wooden bucket or basket with the baby on a soft rug with a cute out fit or head band on, all very cliche and what 1001 other photographers do, thats the usual bread and butter but thought would try different here. The marks on the matts are because its a working gym, im surprised u noticed these though as I didnt notice them at all - we wanted a 'grunge' look to it.

Defo agree on the positioning of him with a baby seat - we had all manner of problems sitting him up right, but we didnt have anything other than his pram he came in which wasnt suitable for the shoot, will ask them to bring a chair to shoot 2.

I was being critical but what I should had said was that if the client liked the photos then that's all that counts. I know what you mean about the typical baby photos, I'm not a massive fan of them and try to do things a bit differently where I can.

If you have problems seating the baby, you can use a tripod to take a picture of the background. Then introduce the subject without moving the camera and have mum or dad hold them in a more natural position. Then add both photos as layers in PS and just erase mum or dad.

I was being critical but what I should had said was that if the client liked the photos then that's all that counts. I know what you mean about the typical baby photos, I'm not a massive fan of them and try to do things a bit differently where I can.

If you have problems seating the baby, you can use a tripod to take a picture of the background. Then introduce the subject without moving the camera and have mum or dad hold them in a more natural position. Then add both photos as layers in PS and just erase mum or dad.

Good stuff, yeah I welcome critque, I was just seeking information with regards to composition, is it camera framing were talking about here or the position of the subject etc :)

Thanks for your comments :) - got my thinking cap on for next time now!

Back