A few with my first ND filter.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Feshiebridge, near Kincraig in the Highlands. My locations were quite limiting for composition but I'm pretty please for now. I had my camera inches away from a drop into the water on each shot with limited places I could actually mount it.

I was having a bit of trouble with the lighting on the bridge shot. The sun was setting and the whole area was in the shade so the original shot in my opinion looks a tad flat. I tried two different edits to try and make the image "pop" a bit more, but my editing skills are lacking so I just adjusted the basic setting in Lightroom for one edit and did a slight bit of HDR on another one. Personally I prefer the Lightroom edit but does it look any better from the original image? I know HDR is a marmite thing but I thought I'd try it out. I'm not too sure about it though on this particular shot.

Any tips for next time would be appreciated. I haven't tried this sort of photography or anything to do with landscapes much, but I would like to get into it more.

Original bridge shot.
IMG_0567 by Peanut651, on Flickr

HRD edit.
Feshie by Peanut651, on Flickr

LR edit.
Lightroom edit by Peanut651, on Flickr

and another one.
IMG_0540 by Peanut651, on Flickr

I like the milky water in the first two, the third is correctly exposed but the water has lost all of its sense of movement with the longer exposure.

I like the milky water in the first two, the third is correctly exposed but the water has lost all of its sense of movement with the longer exposure.

Cheers. I thought the last one looked quite nice at the time, but when I came home and compared it to the other ones of a shorter exposure then I can agree with you. It's only a short walk from my house so I can always go back and try again.

+1

Back