A little something Bleu

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So the dark nights and winter weather are here, how to keep the photographic juices flowing? I have decided to venture into the world of creative lighting and other indoor the stuff, so heres my first go at it. All comments would be gratefully received as this is an area completely new to me. My vision was to highlight that the name referenced Blue even though the bottle is actually black.

Bleu De Chanel Bottle.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

This is a composite of 2 images in the first one was lit using dark field lighting to highlight the outline of the bottle, I then took a second image using a speed light with a Rogue 3-in-1 grid with a blue gel inserted to add the blue colouring to the bottle and background. Both merged in PS.

I like it. The only thing I find distracting is the lighting reflection where the lid joins the bottle.

I love it! I don't fine that part distracting though; I think it acts as a good separation marker from the lid and the bottle, especially since the lighting does this all the way around the lid. It could maybe be toned down slightly in Photoshop though; sing dodge and burn - on a separate layer though so the original is still safe, hope that helps! :)

Thanks Georgia, was thinking that myself. I've just started playing with light and colour. I've discovered a new passion to keep me going over the winter months :D

Just working on a new project so watch this space. It's incredibly time consuming :)

Back