A local canal ruined mill building

Hi David, its not a bad effort but I have a couple of issues with it.

First is the pure white sky, I could live with that but the great big bush in the foreground totally spoils it for me.

On the plus side it suits the B&W and the reflection would be great if it wasn't for that bloody bush :) If you can go back I would recommend you do with a slightly different viewpoint and a better sky this could be a very good shot.

Steve

Bloody internal error my ar$e

Steve
Hi David, its not a bad effort but I have a couple of issues with it.

First is the pure white sky, I could live with that but the great big bush in the foreground totally spoils it for me.

On the plus side it suits the B&W and the reflection would be great if it wasn't for that bloody bush If you can go back I would recommend you do with a slightly different viewpoint and a better sky this could be a very good shot.

Steve

I would like to see the colour version if possible.
This here is the original before editing it, and yes it was a very dismal day with very white cloud.
The reason i put the bush in the picture to the left, was to give it a kind of leading line, something to sort of lead you into the picture, but i gather this may be the wrong thing to do or i may have the wrong idea.

Flickr 4 by David Wood Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
A leading line is fine David and does often help to draw the eye into the photo. Unfortunately in this case I feel the bush is too intrusive and blocks some of the main interest. Of course this is only my opinion, I am sure others may very well feel differently.

Steve

Photographed this a few time.

The bush does it no justice.

Good reflection and the b&w adds the the gritty feel of the place.

Cheers.

This is on my way to work!

The best time to get pictures of this is early morning as it's the only time it the sun lights it up and it doesn't look flat. I agree with others that the bush is a bit much!

Cheers guys, i'll stay clear of bush pictures in future, lol

Back