B&W A new one on me!

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
A friend was popping round after work for a few beers/food tonight and he let slip that he'd shown his wife a photo of him and she'd not stopped laughing for two minutes! He subsequently asked if I could do him a quick pic.

So very simply took his pic tonight - as it was rushed, couldn't get the usual interaction I like to get with the subject, and I couldn't find the grid for my strip box, so I kept it VERY simple lighting wise.

Actually found it harder taking his pic than some of the kids I usually shoot.

Anyhoo

Not Ryan Gosling....James by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

What I like about it Shaheed, is seeing the difference that the grid box makes, when it isn't attached. I think I'll have to get one! I still like the picture but the grid box doesn't half make a difference when compared to your other works!

Looks very good to me - I'd certainly be happy with a shot like that, certainly the black and white adds another dimension :)

Now, you need to get hold of and post up the one his wife looked at - we need a before and after shot :D

Looks very good to me - I'd certainly be happy with a shot like that, certainly the black and white adds another dimension :)

Now, you need to get hold of and post up the one his wife looked at - we need a before and after shot :D

I have it but I couldn't put it up without his permission!!

Thanks for looking and commenting

S

What I like about it Shaheed, is seeing the difference that the grid box makes, when it isn't attached. I think I'll have to get one! I still like the picture but the grid box doesn't half make a difference when compared to your other works!

Cheers Carl

I wanted to light him differently with a gridded strip box but I didn't use the strip box on the end because the grid had been "tidied" away!!

This might possibly be the first grown up (I don't count myself) that I've done a portrait with studio lights! All too quick though!

Shaheed

It's not a bad portrait at all, the lighting and processing seem to suit the subject.

What size strip box are you using?

It's not a bad portrait at all, the lighting and processing seem to suit the subject.

What size strip box are you using?
Hiya

I've got one of the Bessel ones but I didn't use it here because I couldn't find the grid! I'll grab him back when I do!

Thanks for looking

Prefer the original tbh... :exit:

:D

Lovely PP on this one. As said above, really adds to the image.

Simple is usually best i find.

I agree!! Wife thought he went from geek to holywood sexy. Whatever that means!!

Cheers David

Big improvement over the original. How did you setup the lighting for the shot you took?

Found the grid to the strip box today.......attached to the strip box!!!

Oh dear oh dear!!

Actually, a few of the local dads went out last night and whilst under the influence thought about doing a series of the Dads to show them in a different light/capture an aspect of their personality!

Not sure how many would be up for it but it's something to consider in the new year!!

Shaheed;

That's a SUPERB capture, love the simplicity of this with great tones and contrast.......wow. Which lens length was used to shoot this.......85mm ?

Regards;
Peter

Shaheed;

That's a SUPERB capture, love the simplicity of this with great tones and contrast.......wow. Which lens length was used to shoot this.......85mm ?

Regards;
Peter

Cheers Peter

Very kind of you to say!

I think it's the Tamron 28-75mm. It's been a fabulous lens for me. Together with a smartflash from lencarta. Relatively inexpensive accessories but two of my face bits of kit!

Back