A portrait that I am not sure about.

I agree that Facebook is awful. But in this case I'd probably follow the buggers... Not only did they specifically sharpen the eyes, but I they sharpened the lips as well!!

Ah... I joke. But if you really do want critique (you did post this in the critique section after all)... here goes...

Second photo is left heavy. And then your eyes are dragged to the bottom right by the over exposure on the bottom corner. And the fact that the hat looks far sharper than her face (but not her eyes and lips) draws your eyes to the top of the picture.

So... if you really insist you haven't processed her skin to look so soft... you must have got your depth of field wrong.

Just my opinion...

So why are the eyes sharp then?

Christ, this is entirely what I am talking about with this website - so many people pontificating about things they have no idea about.

And no I am not uploading this original image or indeed any original image that I own, get over it, move on.

What, you can't sharpen the eyes after you've over done the skin smoothing can you ?? Now you're just being silly :bonk: I didn't insult you, I just commented on what I thought. You felt the need to insult me though. You posted shots and asked people to give their opinion. Do you want people to kiss your arse and tell you how wonderful you are, or do you want honest answers ??
You did a 2 year course ?? Does that make you better than everyone else on here ?? I am a qualified engineer. I did a 4 year apprenticeship. When I finished I knew the basics, and no more. I've spent the last 25 years learning, and I still learn something new every day. I'm not arrogant enough to think I know it all.
Don't bother posting the origonal picture, I'm really not interested anymore. Your last paragraph above tells me all I need to know about that shot ( and you )
If thats all you learned on your course then ask for a refund. Your image is totally dominated by the blown highlights, and the lack of skin texture finishes it off. And a pro like you using presets for your PP......... PMSL

Back