A Question for you

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

My Wife and I have just bought a new town centre apartment, very nice not to mention expensive ( Chaucer Court) hence the image names

Sold the old house and fancy an easier life- I decide to suprise the Mrs with a print for the new place- she loves Purple and with this in mind I set out looking for a flower that fits the bill & once photographed, could be printed on Canvas

Ive attached 3 images of Purple blooms , which one should I use???? we move at the end of July, so plenty of time

Thanks guys- not really looking for critique on my Photography just suggestions on which would make the better print (y)

Les (y)
Chaucer1EXIF.jpg

2.with a hint of blue
Chaucer2.jpg

3. with a hint of Purple
Chaucer3EXIF.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the colouring on the third, it would probably work well as a Triptych.

Ps. I know you didn't want critique..... but it'd look better if you hadn't clipped the right/left edges :)

I prefer the colouring on the third, it would probably work well as a Triptych.

Ps. I know you didn't want critique..... but it'd look better if you hadn't clipped the right/left edges :)

yes Ive just noticed the tight crop on No 3- still have the RAW image so it can be corrected (y)

Thanks for your comments- by the way whats "Triptych" Im a newbie

Les :D

Thanks for your comments- by the way whats "Triptych" Im a newbie

Split the image into three and have it printed / mounted on three canvasses, I think it may suit the format of the shot

Have a look on google images, it'll make more sense than my description :LOL:

Brian

Ah- now thats sound interesting

I'll have a look- meanwhile heres No 3 ( re done)

Chaucer4.jpg

Thanks for that Brian (y)

Thats the widest shot I have

did consider dividing that image onto 3 seperate canvas's, sort of spread the image out a little as suggested above

Les (y)

yeah i'm with 3 too. after that it would no 1 as i think the blue looks a little cold. but that is just me

yeah i'm with 3 too. after that it would no 1 as i think the blue looks a little cold. but that is just me

Yes now that you mention it- The blue is a little,on the chilly side

Thank you (y)

I really like the first but I'd be worried that the very darkest purple would print almost black and it might be a bit stark as the background is so white. I also like the uncropped 3rd, but then I am purple daft.
I'd have the first one as a single canvas and the third as a set of 3 I think.

#1 for me, perhaps slightly brightened, and mounted in a contemporary frame would look super.

To provide more space around the image you could increase the canvas size at the sides and clone the background onto it.

Like No3

mick

Thanks guys :D

Les (y)

No1 lightened a bit

Chaucer1EXIF-1.jpg

Number three is my favourite out of them all. :)
Will make a gorgeous print too.

was going to say 1, lightened up a bit............. but someone beat me to it.

however, "3 redone" looks quite nice as well, more subtle, with the soft purple background (on reflection the 1 lightened is a bit, in your face!"

However, and I know you don't want crit - but you're going to get it - because I don't want you spending, £100 - £200 on a canvas, only to then notice something.......

3flowers.jpg

lack of purple in these areas............

I would go for either a flat purple across it, or fade in one direction only

Also, my opinion is a Triptych will not work with this, due to overlapping of subjects (imagine they were people - would you have someones arm in one pic and their body in the other?) Trip's generally work when either there is space between objects and they are all on the same plane as to the lens....... eg - imagine some beachhuts......

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments (y)

I didnt place purple in any of the centre area's. Thats how I planned it

I will however consider fading from the top only and see how that looks

faded from the top only- any better????

Chaucer3EXIF.jpg

I like the simplicity of No1, but wouldn't lighten the whole image -the white gets a bit overpowering. Try just lightening the flowers selectively?

It'll need the right frame though.

Last edited:
I prefer #1, but re-workings on here have overlightened it and lost the depth of the purple coulour.

I prefer #1 its simplicity, but slightly brightened. Hope you don’t mind but something like this.

Chaucer1-Edit.jpg

Paul

Yes that works for me Paul :D

Now to get it onto Canvas

Les (y)

Back