A quiet morning at Belvide

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a very pleasant three hours at Belvide this morning, the sun was shining most of the time but there were a couple of threatening clouds.

1 This male great spotted woodpecker surprised me as I was watching the tits and the tree sparrows at the feeding station.

NDX_4391.jpg

2 A kestrel then hovered over the reedbeds

NDX_4396.jpg

3 A brief visit from a very smart pheasant

NDX_4383.jpg

4 And a game of peek-a-boo with a sedge warbler. I just could not get an unobstructed view of him.

NDX_4430.jpg

Hi Ken, there was a young Great Spotted around the feeders the other week, and on Sunday we came across some really young Pheasant chicks all out in the open, so to save them becoming lunch we herded them back into cover :D

That Kestrel is a cracker, nice colour and detail (y)

For your information they are going to be converting a large shed into a hide, placing it by the feeders in the woods, where the screen is now. Then we shall fill in the viewing slits in the screen, we also intend to plant some large logs for the Woodpeckers to pose on (y)

Nice shots, looks a nice variety there.

Martyn, is it WMBC you need to get in touch with regarding day passes/memberships?

Yes Dan here is a link WMBC, at £15 for a day, or £30 a year which also includes all their other reserves (Gailey, Blythfield, harbourne and Ladywalk) I would think the full membership is the best value,Gailey and Blythfield are both close to you in Cannock.

Back