A selection of feathered friends

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
First serious outing today with the D80 and Sigma 170-500.
Went to Coombes RSPB near Leek.
I still need a decent tripod because it's seriously hard work trying to keep the monopod steady.

Anyway a few shots here that I pretty happy with...

Great Tit
Great_Tit800.jpg

Nuthatch
Nuthatch800.jpg

Greenfinch
Greenfinch800.jpg

Dunnock
Dunnock800.jpg

Anthony

Anthony,

How you finding the lens? I went for a 3 hour walk with my Bigma today, hand held lol. What ISO are these set at?

Gary.

Oh and excellent shots.

Thanks Gary.
I only got the lens Friday evening so it's early days still mate.
Took a few shots yesterday which I was pleased with and had a pretty decent day today.

:) I wouldn't even dream of shooting hand held...I haven't got the steadiest hands at the best of times, so a good tripod and cable release is next on the list for me.

All these shots are at ISO 1000!
Light wasn't brilliant and without a tripod I needed to get the shutter speed up as much as possible.

Thanks Gary.
I only got the lens Friday evening so it's early days still mate.
Took a few shots yesterday which I was pleased with and had a pretty decent day today.

:) I wouldn't even dream of shooting hand held...I haven't got the steadiest hands at the best of times, so a good tripod and cable release is next on the list for me.

Light wasn't brilliant and without a tripod I needed to get the shutter speed up as much as possible.

Yup, got mines yesterday (but had it replaced today), 50 to 500. I was shooting approximately 500 iso, hand held. Results in my flickr if you fancy a gander - http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottishsnaps , all the latest ones.

I have a sore left wrist!

Gary.

Yup, got mines yesterday (but had it replaced today), 50 to 500. I was shooting approximately 500 iso, hand held. Results in my flickr if you fancy a gander - http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottishsnaps , all the latest ones.

I have a sore left wrist!

Gary.

Superb shots Gary, love the Chaffinch on the flowers and the one of your dog.
:D Not the lightest bit of kit to take on a 3 hour walk though...I walked around for about an hour today and spent the next hour sat in a field pointing at the branch featured in most of the shots from above.

:)Thanks Ven, I like the potability of the monopod but it obviously lacks the steadiness of using a tripod.
Hopefully my monopod skills will improve with time.

:clap::clap::clap: That last one, of the dunnock, is a stunning image from the D80 at ISO 1000. Super shot!

Back