A shot for Easter

Lovely and thoughtful, well done, you've captured the day and its meaning perfectly.

a wistful shot...what is always missing in these cameos are the other two crosses...an important point condidering josephs incarceration in egypt with the two other prisoners...one got freed the cupbearer...the baker was hanged...there lies a prophesy
cheers
geof

a wistful shot...what is always missing in these cameos are the other two crosses...an important point condidering josephs incarceration in egypt with the two other prisoners...one got freed the cupbearer...the baker was hanged...there lies a prophesy
cheers
geof

I forgot about Joseph (just as the Cupbearer did !) but am not too sure about Genesis' connection with Easter.

I forgot about Joseph (just as the Cupbearer did !) but am not too sure about Genesis' connection with Easter.
A commentary on G 40:23b.
"Yet the chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him: Here Joseph is wronged again. He thought that butler's kindness might mean his release from prison, but it was not to be. God had another purpose."
i. All men God uses greatly, He first prepares greatly. Few are willing to endure the greatness of God's preparation. God orders both our steps and stops.

its a parallel situation...sometimes taken as a christophany where an event is similar to a later event..in this case the Christ and two thieves...one is saved the other isn't..so with Joseph
this is why we have the old testament...for its prophetic connection with the coming of the Messiah
you might look at the first line of Genesis and the first line of the Gospel of John a similar connection to the state of things 'in the beginning'
cheers
geof

ps in every book of the old testament a christophany appears

Last edited:
Back