A Slightly Different Take on Sunday at Silverstone

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I went along to give the new 50-150 a run out and as its not the longest lens in the box, decided to grab a few shots other than what was happening on Track.

#1 Not in Numerical order

DSC_2046.jpg

#2 Clunk Click

DSC_2035.jpg

#3 Just another watcher, despite his resemblance to Matt Bishop

DSC_2032.jpg

#4 Duncan Tappy

DSC_2075.jpg

#5 Air Ratchets?

DSC_2072.jpg

#6 This would have been a great shot if he hadnt moved his head just as I pressed the shutter

DSC_2068.jpg

#7 Looking Suspicious

DSC_2108.jpg

#8 Mario looking cool in the shade

DSC_2076.jpg

I did do a load of track stuff, despite the limitations of the lens, and some of the results can be found HERE - though if link not working, give it a few minutes they are just uploading. All the track shots have had between a 30 and 50% crop so they fill the frame better and most were taken through the fence, hence the odd shadows on some of them.

TFL as Usual (y)

All the shots are excellent.......but the first is a superb take..:)

Nice set Yvonne
#1 & #8 for me (y)
btw tried your web page but its not loading for me ( at the moment)

Superb Set there LL (y)

The tyre and the people walking in the pits are the best imo :) The rest are still lobely though (y)

Tony

#1, #4, & #6 for me.
I tired of selective colouring a looong time ago but every now & then I still see a shot with it that makes me think 'Hell yeah!'
... and this is one of them! (y)

(y) thanks again all.

Glo, funnily enough I had already decided that it was a cool colour shot, but as I am experimenting with cropping all pics within a set to the same ratios [12x8 in this case], it had an out of focus flash of red to the right hand side that was really bugging me, so went for the conversion, then just played a bit more as one of the attractions of the colour image was the reflections in his sunglasses. You are right, selective colouring is often used and abused [guilty as charged your honour!], but I do quite like it on this one.

Very good pics.

A nice take on this event, most people go and take loads of pics of the cars and after a while all the threads seem the same. This is different so, to me, stands out more.

Love the sunglasses.

Very good pics.

A nice take on this event, most people go and take loads of pics of the cars and after a while all the threads seem the same. This is different so, to me, stands out more.

Love the sunglasses.

Thanks cowboy, but 'Guilty' I am afraid, but was determined to use that lens all day and try and get some off track stuff with it, which was where I knew it would excel. It did, really pleased I got it now, will definately be using it as my general 'walkabout' glass, but can't wait for another few weeks when I can get its big brother, the 120-300, just for these type events.

i really like the first one.. perfect composition IMHO and really eye catching.

did you fancy the guy on the quad or something? ;)

:p no, Tappy was more my type actually :p The odd look from the guy on the quad was because I think he was wondering if I was going to move out of his way, which obviously I was, but he wasn't sure :naughty:

The first is a top shot. Not that the rest are in anyway shabby. A great set

those three guys have very similary looks.. i think i am starting to see what 'your type' is :)

(saying that, i cant work out if the first and third guys in the last 3 are the same guy)

:LOL: nope, 3 different guys, but all looking like they are of Italian descent, posing for the camera came more naturally to them I think, the more 'anglised' fellas kept turning away everytime the mad woman with the camera pointed it at them ;)

edit: Thanks Paul, appreciated. I have to say thankyou to the guys for parking the cars so nicely in the first place to enable me to get that first shot. I tried several different takes on it, focus at front, back and righ tthe way along and that was my fav version.

Last edited:
Smashing set there. So refreshing to see these types of shot, so thanks for that. As said before, the first does it for me, fantastico!!!!!!!!
Men of Italian descent eh!..........How yo' doin:LOL:
Dean

Great eye there, some really nice shots. A fresh take. No.1 especially is excellent.

Back