A Splash in The Glass.

I really like this. The shallow DoF draws my eye into the glass and I am wondering what drink it is... My only thought is the stream of liquid cuts across the image and distracts me a bit but other than that - really nice :)

Thanks for the comment! I did think the same thing about the stream of liquid but my PS skills just aren't good enough to clone it out seamlessly.

well that would be the answer...practice cloning..its a panacea for a lot of....ooops!..situations
at least you admit the stream is distracting and mars the effect of that scotch..:D

Cool shot, the composition and shallow DOF, drawing my eyes to the bottom of the glass is great. I love still life shots like this.

The splash doesn't bother me... isn't that the point of the image? That there's drink pouring into the glass? My only issue with it is the width of the stream, which is too narrow IMO. That and the colour of the liquid.. which combines to give a faint impression of.. dare I say it... urinating...

What is the drink? Whiskey? It has a faintly green tinged yellow appearance.

Why clone it out? Then the image makes no sense. Why would the liquid in the glass look so turbulent if nothing is being poured into it?

...Why clone it out? Then the image makes no sense. Why would the liquid in the glass look so turbulent if nothing is being poured into it?

Indeed - I should have added to my original post. I wasn't implying that it should be cloned out but, instead, shot slightly differently maybe. A wider stream or a series of drops from an almost empty bottle? Maybe with the neck or top of the bottle in shot to add to the context maybe?

Indeed - I should have added to my original post. I wasn't implying that it should be cloned out but, instead, shot slightly differently maybe. A wider stream or a series of drops from an almost empty bottle? Maybe with the neck or top of the bottle in shot to add to the context maybe?

Yeah, worth a shot. It's an easy enough thing to set up and shot again, so give it a go.

The splash doesn't bother me... isn't that the point of the image? That there's drink pouring into the glass? My only issue with it is the width of the stream, which is too narrow IMO. That and the colour of the liquid.. which combines to give a faint impression of.. dare I say it... urinating...

What is the drink? Whiskey? It has a faintly green tinged yellow appearance.

It was Rum, I'll do a re shoot at some point and try to fix that stream to make it look less... like pee.

I love it when thread gets lavatorial. Nothing funnier that wee wee and plop plops. :)

Considering its the only colour in the shot could changing the hue not make it less pee like and a little more brown?

Considering its the only colour in the shot could changing the hue not make it less pee like and a little more brown?

Probably, yes.
vVeHTjB.jpg

:)

In the future though... best getting it right to begin with.

Back