Critique A street in Bruges

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Recently had a short holiday in Bruges - brilliant place with lots of great beer, narrow cobbled streets, loads of churches and bikes.

4042-1397849549-bbcbfb373ae68e9da02d4bb042289133.jpg

And yes - I should have cloned out the street sign:)

Last edited:
Hi Chris, it looks like a great location, but I don't think your tight crop really does it justice. The photo looks too long and thin IMO. Also the sky is completely blown out. I think this would be an ideal location for a twilight shot, with the cobbled street lit by the street lights.

Glad you had a great holiday, Bruges is on my 'to see' list, and I hope you take my comments in the spirit they were intended.

Hi Chris, it looks like a great location, but I don't think your tight crop really does it justice. The photo looks too long and thin IMO. Also the sky is completely blown out. I think this would be an ideal location for a twilight shot, with the cobbled street lit by the street lights.

Glad you had a great holiday, Bruges is on my 'to see' list, and I hope you take my comments in the spirit they were intended.

Thanks - no problems. I rarely take exception to honestly held views expressed in a reasonable way. And I can see your point.

The very narrow crop was because of stuff I couldn't otherwise get rid of on the other side of the street. Also I actually prepared it for use in a 'slide show with music' so the narrow crop is actually a help (in my view) in giving some variety in image shapes.

The blown out sky is awaiting improvement in my PSE 11 skills - but I am getting there on that one:)

Back