A thank you thread.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a thread to show just how much I have come on in photography since October 07 to the present day. Over these months my photography has taken leaps and bounds due to the C and C I recive from this forum!! You will see in my sig that I have managed to get on two websites!! Basically this a big thank you thread to everyone who has given me help and critiscm and showed me where I am going wrong and what to do about it!! Also there is another reason behind this thread. If your new to this photography lark and you find it hard or your getting poor results, don't give up as things will get better!!

This from October 2007:
100_0360.jpg

Its not very sharp, not a lot of motion blur, the colours are crap and its a bit OOF

THis from Easter weekend this year (I had got myself a tripod by this point):
6-2.jpg

This is sharp and good-ish colours BUT the background is terrible!!

Then this is from the other weekend. About 3/4 weeks ago:
100_6337.jpg

I hope you can see the difference in my shots over the past few months and a BIG thanks to everyone who has offered me advice and pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks Matt

Good for you Matt ... (y) ... hope things just keep getting better for you ... ;) ... I am sure you deserve some credit too ... :D

:p

Pretty impressive improvement, Matt :)

may I suggest investing in a monopod, it's much quicker/easier to use for motorsport work than a tripod and even something from the likes of Manfrotto will only set you back around 20 quid

Pretty impressive improvement, Matt :)

may I suggest investing in a monopod, it's much quicker/easier to use for motorsport work than a tripod and even something from the likes of Manfrotto will only set you back around 20 quid

Cheers (y) Yeah, I have been told many a time about getting a monopod :D

I thought you arrived with a bit of style. Glad you can now see it as we did ;)

(y)

Nice work Matt! I'm pretty new to this photography malarkey (started feb 2007) and most of the stuff I know came from forums. Isn't the internet (and the people who use it & contribute) a wonderful thing.

Keep up the good work ;)

Nice work Matt! I'm pretty new to this photography malarkey (started feb 2007) and most of the stuff I know came from forums. Isn't the internet (and the people who use it & contribute) a wonderful thing.

Keep up the good work ;)

Tinternet is good! There is lot of useful advice on the internet. Cheers (y)

Its always nice to be able to look back and see how you've improved and this thread shows your journey nicely.

The one thing with you Matt is that you have always asked questions and listened to the answers folk have given you. Not many have that ability!

Keep going matey!

Its always nice to be able to look back and see how you've improved and this thread shows your journey nicely.

The one thing with you Matt is that you have always asked questions and listened to the answers folk have given you. Not many have that ability!

Keep going matey!

Yeah I am quite surprised at how much things have changed! Thank you, I always try to take as much on board as possible. THanks for that mate (y)

Back