A thread for my pictures

Name
Connor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys.

I thought that I would create a thread for all of my images that I will update over time. My hope is that this thread will encourage me to shoot more and gain experience as time progresses. As for the content and what I enjoy shooting, this will be an eclectic mix of subjects with no real focus on any particular subject matter.

I shoot using an X-Pro 1 with primes, namely the 18, 35 and 60mm. Hopefully this lens lineup will evolve over time as and when money allows (I REALLY want the 23mm). I also enjoy utilising speedlights from time to time so expect some strobist stuff.

Feel free to comment and critique constructively; I'm not easy to offend.

Anyway, to start with here are a bunch of images that I've taken recently

Dangling flowers backlight
by Connor Hundley, on Flickr

Blue flower

Dandelion backlight

Beven

Maisy the cat

Sitting at the waters edge

Jasmine marble

Selfie

Thanks for looking.

Children, pets, flowers... My heart's melting. Only landscapes are missing but I bet there are such on your flicr profile. I'll check it out later.

Lovely photos Connor! Each has a very specific message.

Conner, IMHO

lots of flowers around - they need to be good, (far better), to stand out

Dogs and cats are not my scene

The three B & W ones are good and interesting especially "waters edge" and jasmine marble ……..

- but I am not an expert

Thanks, Bill.

I don't think you need to be 'an expert' in order to have a valid opinion about photographs. To be honest, I don't even think there is such thing as an expert; some people just have a more simplistic way of viewing an image and take it at face value where as others might look deeper at the finer detail or subject matter. It's all about personal preferences and tastes and each one is valid and worthy of input.

Cheers.

I like the dandelion, but that stray seed is distracting me - it could probably be cloned out quite easily. Overall, a lovely set of images, and if you're only just starting out you've clearly got a creative eye. The only one that doesn't grab me is the cat photo, which just looks like a snapshot to me. My favourite has to be the girl on the beach - it tells all sorts of stories!

I nice little set there Connor

I would have maybe used a slightly larger aperture on the first shot to get a bit more of the flower in focus, it's hard to tell where you focus point actually is

Blue flower looks perfectly sharp to me, and i like the off centre composition

Agreed about the stray seed on the dandelion

I think the dog shot needs a slightly larger aperture too as his eyes are in focus, but due to his head on angle his nose is now a little soft

If it were me i would have sharpened the cat a little too to accentuate the fur detail

Took me a good while to figure out what Past the Horizon was, but it kept my attention for a good while, so thats a good thing, very nice creative shot that is

All in all a nice varied set of images though, keep up the good work

wow .. alot of images here to critique...

1) nice shot and shallow DOF though i cant actually see whats in focus as the image is a little over exposed for me.
2) i like this shot. nice colour and DOF
3) shot is ok but doesnt really do to much for me. especially with the dark background
4) Im not really a fan of the processing here. I'd like to see this as a gritty B&W
5) .... I freaking despise cats...
6 7 and 8) nice images as they feel like they have a story behind them. especially 6, feeling of a lonely child wanting another child to play with
9 and 10) dont really do anything for me sorry.

What kit and settings where used for these images?

Thanks for the input fella!

My camera is a Fuji X-Pro 1 with the 18, 35 and 60mm lenses.

I just popped by your website and I must say, I really enjoyed looking through your pics. Nice work.

Had a spare hour yesterday so I popped down to the seafront to take a few snaps. The sky was lovely all day with some nice cloud formations. However, 30 minutes before sunset the stormy weather started to roll in and so I only managed to get a couple of shots off before it started raining.

Batten bay, Plymouth

There isn't one there I wouldn't be happy with bar "selfie", thats only because I prefer a more candid look personally as the internet seems to be awash with moody selfies! Good stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks, mate. Much appreciated!

Here is a shot I took several months back of my friends wife shortly before their baby was born. We arrived at the location a bit too late in the day and I only had 10 minutes or so of sunlight before it receded behind the cliffs.

Lisa and the bump

The girlfriend and I at Mount Edgecombe in Cornwall.

Lucy and I, Mt Edgecombe

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of flower images... I never see the point, but those at the start of this thread are really good. Great use of light.

hi there, that 1st shot"Dangling flowers backlight" i think would make a great canvas print, its just got that look to it

Love the one of your Cat, looks really mean.

Really like the pregnancy picture. Stays the right side of cheesy which they can sometimes be.

Nice set of images. On the one of the girl sitting on the beach you might level the horizon.

Thanks very much for the comments guys.

Still no idea why some of my pictures are randomly not appearing here? They work fine on another forum that I post them on but on here sometimes they show, other times they do not.

Here's an HDR of tonight's sunset at Plymouth seafront

Plymouth Hoe sunset

Last edited:
Back