A varied day in Snowdonia.. Slate Museum, Steam Train and a sunset

Edit My Images
No
Out and about North Wales again on Friday afternoon and had planned a few different locations to try.. visited the National Slate Museum in Llanberis, Aberglaslyn Pass and a beach near Conwy for sunset

that train shot is a beaut!!
it has balls and shouts..watch out
cheers
geof

ps take out the fence posts if you dare!!

that train shot is a beaut!!
it has balls and shouts..watch out
cheers
geof

ps take out the fence posts if you dare!!

Yes.. the driver was thinking exactly that when he popped his head out of the cab, I did have the tripod setup quite close. Can't make myself remove the fence posts, call me old fashioned but I like to keep things as natural as possible

Cheers

Simon

Yes.. the driver was thinking exactly that when he popped his head out of the cab, I did have the tripod setup quite close. Can't make myself remove the fence posts, call me old fashioned but I like to keep things as natural as possible

Cheers

Simon

the posts arent natural...the grass is
but i understand fully..you mean out of the camera?
cheers
geof

Most of the North Wales landscape isn't natural anymore Geoff, I'd be spending most of my time on Photoshop ;-)

i also spend a lot of time doing pp...it gives me license to overcome the actual and show the desirable
i dont use filters so i do a bit of tone adjustment and burn and dodge
i have some north wales landscape near conwy mountain and some on the big mountain..:D...which was a real struggle for me to walk up the last bit...this was before the train station at the top was completed and i wanted to save £££
i spent it on a nice tea in the cafe on the way back

i also spend a lot of time doing pp...it gives me license to overcome the actual and show the desirable
i dont use filters so i do a bit of tone adjustment and burn and dodge
i have some north wales landscape near conwy mountain and some on the big mountain..:D...which was a real struggle for me to walk up the last bit...this was before the train station at the top was completed and i wanted to save £££
i spent it on a nice tea in the cafe on the way back

Shots of Snowdon from the summit by those who've walked up are definitely hard earned, hope you had good light.. and the tea was good!!

I use filters, mainly as I don't really enjoy processing much so try to keep it to a minimum as much as I can, sometimes have a bit of a play around with editing though just to see what's possible.. funnily enough one of my best selling photos is my only HDR shot, obviously HDR at that too so who am I to argue ;-)

funnily enough one of my best selling photos is my only HDR shot, obviously HDR at that too so who am I to argue ;-)

well i would like to know how you did it and the sofware...i have hdr software but cant seem to get anywhere with it at present
help gratefully received

congrats on selling any shots!!

well i would like to know how you did it and the sofware...i have hdr software but cant seem to get anywhere with it at present
help gratefully received

congrats on selling any shots!!

I have Photomatixs which I believe is one of the best options.. I can't really give you any tips though as I rarely use it, just play around with it really

Back