A visitor in my camera

Name
Andy Merrett
Edit My Images
No
I took my 20D + 55-250 IS lens out of the bag today for the first time this week (oh the British weather) and started to look around the garden for some inspiration, however there in my viewfinder was a tiny bug walking around the focus ring.
I did the obvious, lens/mirror/viewfinder blow and brush but its still there.
I guess its on the upper side of the focussing lens but how on earth did it get there in the first place? :(

Hawkmoon

It's those legendary gaps in the focus screen and the sides in Canons that let them in:)

No seriously got one behind my D300 and I removed the focus screen and used a rocket blower.
Do a Google on canon 20D focus screen removal and see what come up

Probabley a Thrip theres a thread some where about a monitor, some suggested leave a light on in a dark room and they are attracted to the light

But then the room wold be light...:wacky: But thanks for the idea.

May be a nice trip the Lehmanns...dont like going inside my cameras to deep.

But then the room wold be light...:wacky: But thanks for the idea.

May be a nice trip the Lehmanns...dont like going inside my cameras to deep.

The dark room idea works if the adjoining room has a light on and the door is open.Relies on said bug finding the way out again of course.

Send it to me, I seem to be a magnet for those blasted thrips. A quick squint through the viewfinder and the thing will be crawling through my eyebrows in next to no time........

Allan

I will give it a go tonight...just hope an even bigger nasty which hates the light doesn't decide to nest in the 20D's dark crevices.

i had a six legged wee beasty in my 40d moved all over the view finder alive for about 7 days then it appeared dead gave the camera a good blast of air in a tin and have not seen it since

I have 2 dead bugs in my dell laptop screen- they were alive when they went in and died near the center :(

Dell sent me a new screen for my Inspiron, no questions asked, when that happened to me, together with a complete dummies guide to swapping it over... job done... :D

Dell rocks... (y)

:p

Dell sent me a new screen for my Inspiron, no questions asked, when that happened to me, together with a complete dummies guide to swapping it over... job done... :D

Dell rocks... (y)

:p

I didn't even think about contacting Dell- too let now as I have given it to my parents (+ its now 3 years old)

Well it appears to have gone and in fact I think it has done me a favour...all that walking arond has cleaned the little specs of dust that were on the focus screen.....maybe a patent coming on.....Dragons *** here I come. :)

people use it instead of then in text speak

yeah, some of us are old fuddy duddys and cant read the stuff very easily. Spelling errors are frowned upon as well!!

Back