A walk around my local Nature reseve

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems like you got a great variety there.

I don't know much about photography, but I'd love to take pictures like yours, amazing colours and sharpness. Great pictures.

Thanks for looking and the replies.

Graham, only discovered this spot a month or so ago due partly to another member on here and yes it dose have a good variety and being local is always a bonus.

Dave , photography is still a mystery to me ,I have been dabbling for the last five or so years and you never stop learning so its just getting out and taken pictures ,its the only way to improve .

Great set of images. Looks as if your local reserve has a lot to offer! I particularly like the Marble White....nice and sharp, with some good contrasting colours.

Thanks very much for the comments , had another walk up there this morning and clocked up a few more species .

Nice shots, love the lizard. Shame you got your shot hijacked by a fly though :p

The other week i saw a Stoat up on the reserve, its the first time I've seen one in this area, i presume its there for the hundreds of rabbits! Still didnt expect to see it there though! Also there were a couple of roe fawns on the reserve in the 'dense' corner to the northwest part of the reserve but havent seen them in over a month (probably not really fawns anymore either).

Nice to see updates on here!

Alex , I have enjoyed my walks around there plenty to see ,spotted a couple of the melanistics but yet to grab a decent photo . Seem to be hooked on the macro lens so will be having a few more trips up there before the summer bonanza comes to an end . A couple from the last visit

Labyrinth spiders by sinky 911, on Flickr

Gatekeeper Underside by sinky 911, on Flickr

great stuff John take these are hand held excellent.

That spider image is superb, i find it very difficult to get interested in macro shots, but that is one of the best i have seen.

Cheers for the replies guys and George , yes hand held can't be asked to lug a tripod around.

Back