A wander around Oxford

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to nip off and get a few shots around Oxford whilst the other half was meeting a friend there on Thursday. Sadly the weather was terrible, windy, rainy and dull drab skys, not the ideal situation to take a camera out. However I went on a walking tour and learnt loads about the history of the city and college's. These were the best of a sadly mostly washed out bunch.

Thanks for looking

DSC_0482 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

DSC_0405 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

DSC_0432 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

DSC_0427 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

DSC_0435 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

DSC_0466 by Adam Bolwell, on Flickr

Quite a nice set considering the weather and the flat lighting. But for me spoilt by the overuse of wide angle and strongly converging verticals.

I like them - they make a great change from the usual tourist snaps of the city, and you've worked the PP hard enough to ensure that they are not just flat, boring & dull, but without being OTT either.

#1 & #4 are my fav... Oxford is a great part of the country. Not a bad way to spend a day ;)

A good set but I think the 1st is the best, I like the symmetry of the pathways. I guess this was taken from the church tower of St Marys.

Processing is very good, nothing dull about them but I find the distortion distracting - good set though :)

First one could do with a bit more space at the top and bottom.

It looks like you've cut off the top of the tower, and the gateway at the bottom is uncomfortably close to the edge of the frame.

Back