A wander near Patterdale yesterday

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Up Keldas for well before dawn yesterday but nothing doing so headed down and had a wander around Brotherswater and the surrounding area. Keldas might be okay for a winter but the Pines have grown too tall for a dawn. A plus was getting down in time for the sun just coming over the fells.

The first is quite Ruskinian, and redolent of the wildwood. All three are evocative of a pre-human purity.

Cheers folks - No1 is certainly my favourite. I like woodland shots.

Fantastic work Mark.
The woodland shot is so atmospheric and eery. Something straight out of the LOTR!
The second shot is the better of the remaining two in my opinion.

Cheers guys. I'd agree Jake. The second two are neither here nor there but I'm happy with the 4.30 start for the woodland shot. First keeper in months.

Seriously good set, but that first image is a belter.

I've come back to the first again and again, and this is my second comment, just wow. Possibly the best image I've seen on TP.

Ahh fog and a low sun always great for photography :)

Great processing in the first one. It really works well. Along side a good composition it looks like a painting.
Second one again a good composition.
Third one unfortunately seems to be suffering from colour rasterization. The graduations are messed up some what. Not sure if this is through processing or a very high level of jpeg compression? Hope the original doesn't suffer the same problem.

Cheers folks

Ahh fog and a low sun always great for photography :)

Great processing in the first one. It really works well. Along side a good composition it looks like a painting.
Second one again a good composition.
Third one unfortunately seems to be suffering from colour rasterization. The graduations are messed up some what. Not sure if this is through processing or a very high level of jpeg compression? Hope the original doesn't suffer the same problem.

Likely jpeg compression via ipernity of flickr - can't remember where I linked from.

Full size on the 27" Eizo I use for editing shows no problems and it would probably print nicely but its not likely to achieve that status.

Can't help but keep coming back to look at no1 ,for me its one of the best woodland scenes I've seen!
Cheers

As has been said, great set of pictures, second being my favourite, closely followed by the first.
Only because early morning water and mist draws me.

Cheers again - appreciate the comments. Colours are starting to change up here but it looks like the misty weather is coming to an end unfortunately.

Back