Critique A wintery goldfinch

Really nice exposure and detail - Goldfinch have a softness in their breast plumage which can make you sometimes wonder if you got sharp focus.

To be really picky, and it's only a personal preference, I would have preferred a slightly different crop if there is just a wee bit more space available on the lefthand side.

I like that there is just a hint of background and it's not like dead flat wallpaper.

I agree 100% with Robin above. The detail and exposure are spot on. Unless the shot was for a magazine or a specific purpose where you wanted text in the negative space for example then I'd consider an alternative crop

The bird is superb and the perch is lovely. Personal choice I'd consider darkening the white blob in the background thats touching the bird

Mike

Reactions: mex
Some lovely light on it, the colours can really sing in good light. Sharp as a tack.

Lovely detail and colours Nigel and nice out of focus areas.

I'd possibly move the bird slightly to the RHS but that's just a preference.

Lovely picture :D

Really nice exposure and detail - Goldfinch have a softness in their breast plumage which can make you sometimes wonder if you got sharp focus.

To be really picky, and it's only a personal preference, I would have preferred a slightly different crop if there is just a wee bit more space available on the lefthand side.

I like that there is just a hint of background and it's not like dead flat wallpaper.

Thank you for that, unfortunately to the left of the bird is a zip-tie holding the perch up, my P.S. skills are maybe not up to removing it sufficiently....we'll see.

I agree 100% with Robin above. The detail and exposure are spot on. Unless the shot was for a magazine or a specific purpose where you wanted text in the negative space for example then I'd consider an alternative crop

The bird is superb and the perch is lovely. Personal choice I'd consider darkening the white blob in the background thats touching the bird

Mike

I hadn't noticed the white blob, now it's all i can see! I agree with you , I'll darken that down.

Some lovely light on it, the colours can really sing in good light. Sharp as a tack.

thank you.

Lovely detail and colours Nigel and nice out of focus areas.

I'd possibly move the bird slightly to the RHS but that's just a preference.

Lovely picture :D

As I explained to Robin, I'll maybe work on that, thanks for the crit.

Back