A year to this Day --- Celebration

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just had notification that I am now 1 years old on here...

So as a bit of nostalgia I thought I would share some of my pics, hopefully you will be able to see improvement and it will give some hope to new starters that it is possible.

1. From March 2014 (Jan/Feb wasn't really Macro work)

Barkfly Nymph
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. April

Bee Fornication-7101
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. May

Brimstone Courtship-8008
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. June

IMG_9384
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. July

Red Soldier Beetle-1485-02
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. August

Dragonfly-3445-05
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. September

IMG_5249
by bthomas124, on Flickr

8. October

Ashridge Nature-6510-57
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Happy Anniversary m8, lol..

November is when you come on in leaps and bounds (springs)... ;)

I have been here for, oh let me see, 5 years nearly...

I took a holiday (when I got a stupid ban after a member played silly buggers and as a result, I ended up booted for 6 months!) so I didn't post for yonks.

Paul.

Happy Anniversary m8, lol..

November is when you come on in leaps and bounds (springs)... ;)

I have been here for, oh let me see, 5 years nearly...

I took a holiday (when I got a stupid ban after a member played silly buggers and as a result, I ended up booted for 6 months!) so I didn't post for yonks.

Paul.

I wish you were still banned lol.... :p

In all seriousness glad you are back showing your excellent wares. Be interesting to see where I am in 4 years time. :D

Happy Anni' Bryn, Is the celebration for you or us though? (only joking matey).(y) I think you peaked in September & October on the shots presented.

Keep up the good work!!!

George.

Happy Anni' Bryn, Is the celebration for you or us though? (only joking matey).(y) I think you peaked in September & October on the shots presented.

Keep up the good work!!!

George.

Celebration for whoever cares.... lol Cheers I realise that out of over 1400 images 6 is not a true representation and I just picked randomly. But think September was when I got lighting completely sorted physically and mentally, This year will be the true measure of my ability though to see how much I improve if I do (fingers crossed).

(y)

Nice set Bryn

What is miss June then?

Ps you can't half talk look at that post count I have been here 3.5 years.

Last edited:
I believe she is a moth of some nature.

Yes it appears I can talk a lot. @TimmyG did a stats comparison a little time ago think those stats would have changed a little since but it was funny.

Happy Birthday

I seldom look in the macro section but I do like number 7 - great angle.

Happy Anniversary :clap: and loved seeing your postings and reading your helpful posts.
Love July and the Soldier Beetle doing his pull ups :)

Clive

You have been a great, positive influence here Bryn, showing us and telling us about your own work, and encouraging and helping others. I think you've set a great example and it has been a joy to see your photos and follow your progress. Long may it continue. :) (As long as you don't overdo it.)

Indeed and the same to you Nick, not sure my progress would have been so much if it wasn't for your and others help.

Happy Birthday

I seldom look in the macro section but I do like number 7 - great angle.

Thank you very much Phil maybe we can get you into it very great this section of TP.

Happy Anniversary :clap: and loved seeing your postings and reading your helpful posts.
Love July and the Soldier Beetle doing his pull ups :)

Clive

Thanks Clive much appreciated

I believe she is a moth of some nature.

Yes it appears I can talk a lot. @TimmyG did a stats comparison a little time ago think those stats would have changed a little since but it was funny.
Possibly Gracillaria syringella.

Yeah I was learning c# at the time and wrote a little app specifically to see how much of a motor mouth Bryn is. I'll see if I can dig it out and post an update :)

You have been a great, positive influence here Bryn, showing us and telling us about your own work, and encouraging and helping others. I think you've set a great example and it has been a joy to see your photos and follow your progress. Long may it continue. :) (As long as you don't overdo it.)
Couldn't have put it better myself. Great work Bryn, it's been a good year and looking forward to many more :banana::banana::banana:

Possibly Gracillaria syringella.

Yeah I was learning c# at the time and wrote a little app specifically to see how much of a motor mouth Bryn is. I'll see if I can dig it out and post an update :)

Couldn't have put it better myself. Great work Bryn, it's been a good year and looking forward to many more :banana::banana::banana:

Stats update would be good if you can work out a way that I could add it in my sig that would be cool... lol

It shall continue as I have a nice long list of wants to get. As with Nick your encouragement and pushing me forward with very constructive critique to help me find my own path and hopefully this year I will work out what my style is.

May and July are my favourites. I cant believe your only one. After reading most of your comments i thought you were an old man. :kiss:

Agree with Nick Bryn you help make this place what it is
Great variety of shots your extreme close ups of springtails are especially impressive, I've had a play with adding tubes and close up lenses to my macro lens and it's dead hard !!

Agree with Nick Bryn you help make this place what it is
Great variety of shots your extreme close ups of springtails are especially impressive, I've had a play with adding tubes and close up lenses to my macro lens and it's dead hard !!

Thanks mate, that's one hell of a compliment.

A very nice recap and some great work :)

Thanks much appreciated

I like Miss July ;)

Cheers

An old man hahaha :D

Great set Bryn and happy 1st ;)

Obviously sound like a grumpy old
moon.gif
and thanks (couldn't find a fart emoticon)

Back