A38 Light trails :)

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more long exposures here from little old me, Taken from the grounds of Saltram House in Plymouth (a small bridge that crosses the A38). It was seeing someone elses photos that prompted to visit this location so thanks go out to robbys82 :) (y) Was quite cool as it was really misty and the plan was to make it look like the cars were disapperaing into nothingness, but it wasnt misty enough unfortunately but i still like them anywaay :) These were taken in varying exposures between 30 and 116 seconds. Ive found im loving doing long exposures and now have a range of ND's on my list of stuff i want, starting with a 10 stopper i think (heliopan seem the best for me as i dont want to be spending £150 on lee big stopper/adapter/55mm ring) :) rather excited, anyways, c&c as always is entirely welcome :)

Full set (of 5 lol) is available here http://www.flickr.com/photos/sithornton/sets/72157624647731271/

4912807032_5424917635_z.jpg

4912198099_65e83b71f3_z.jpg

Si

Really like these, Im looking forward to having a go but the missus is keeping my tripod until my birthday:LOL:.
Il also be doing them on the A38 but up in derbyshire.

The 2nd one is definitely the better of the two imo, I like the way the lights bend away giving more dynamism than the first. Would have preferred more in the sky and the trees/shrubs bordering the road although the mist gives it an ethereal feel.

Steve

cheers team :)

Yeah i prefer the 2nd aswell, where the lights converge at the top looks pretty cool :)

Si

That third car on the left is speeding!

Really nice, I like them both, I've never been able to get these to work when I've tried them, were they taken without any ND? What ISO did you use?

Good work

Second works for me, sky/trees give it context.

Back