Abandoned Car

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This shot is a merge hdr image in PS. I also opened an undexposed version and masked all but the trunk of the birch tree to try to calm it down.

There is a Linear Dodge copy layer to accenuate the sky and of course selective colouring. I have lost my way a wee bit but was sure there was a photo here when I started off. What do you think so far and what would you do if this was your shot (saying bin it is OK!)

Thanks in advance for any helpers

Abandoned_Car_copy.jpg

Now that I like. Good shot. Desat works well.

can not help ? but all i can say is i like it nice idea (y)

Like the subject. Looks like ZZ Top could get out at any moment.

I like it but it's hard to really comment on the processing without seen the original. I might be inclined to crop right and bottom I think?

Definitely one to stick with. :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

The original is like this:

Abandoned_Car_start_file.jpg

Joe - I know what you mean and it originates from the bright sunlight and shadow. There was a caravan which I had to hide with the car bonnet and because of other waste this was the only angle I could get a clean shot.

DLH - :LOL: Could call the shot "Rough Boy"

That's a fantastic conversion, especially seeing the original, I particularly like the work you've done on the sky

Right. I started again, this time in Photomatix and tone mapped the image. I kept everything fairly realistic but a bit overstaurated then imported in to PS. Using the same masks (saved a bit of time) I have added channel mixer layers, hue & saturation layers and Linear Burn copy layers.

Abandoned_Car_Tone_map_sat.jpg

The resuly is a bit more IR and I kinda like that. What do you guys think?

Much, much better, as I was reading down this thread I was thinking that it needed an IR type of processing. If I were to nitpick, I would try and darken the tree trunk behind the rear of the car and the patch of bright light to the right of that.

Great shot though and excellent PP.

Big improvement (y) The sky looks really menacing now!

You'd hardly think that picture was in there, good eye :)

I really like it - works well. The second attempt is much better without the bright trees in the background.

Thats a great idea and very well executed

Love the 4 diffrent coloured one, very Andy Warhol.

Good thread. It is great to see your idea develop. The last one is ace.

Just a quick reply to acknowledge the feedback.:ty:

I am sure it wouldn't have been to everyone's taste but to appreciate the work gone in is appreciated. Cheers! (y)

Back