Abstract Guitar

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I quite liked the abstract nature of this shot I took a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd share it to get some C&C. One of the things I want to improve is my composition so any pointers would be welcome! :D

For the guitar heads out there: Name that axe! :naughty:

guitar2.jpg

I like the shot, but think it would work much better on a plain background - the swirly pattern is somewhat distracting.

Bit of blur added - thanks Mini - I think this improves it a little!

guitar-blurred.jpg

parker fly?

I've lusted after Parker Fly's for many a year - lovely looking guitars! And I imagine they play as well as they look!

Danelectro?

Blackvault

The second version looks much better! have you tried also making the background a different colour? Can't help thinking it would look good in blue!

I've lusted after Parker Fly's for many a year - lovely looking guitars! And I imagine they play as well as they look!

They play and sound much much better mate, you should go to a music shop and try one out, that's how i fell in love with them :LOL:

Blackvault - spot on mate! This one was given to my lad by Steve Cradock a few years back - its a lovely guitar!

Mini - I shall experiment!

Ha, mygrandad has a Danelectro, didn't even cross my mind :bonk:

I had a play and this one I like the end result:

3-guitars1.jpg

Things I have learned: Gaussian Blur, the Select Wand and how to play around with the colour balance.

What larks!

John

Blackvault - spot on mate! This one was given to my lad by Steve Cradock a few years back - its a lovely guitar!

Mini - I shall experiment!

Yay. Now where is my e-cookie? :)

Blackvault

On its way once you provide your IP address and postcode :D

Really like the last one John, this would look great printed off at A0 size on some posh office in London. (An arty/music one of course)

Thanks for showing and giving some food for thought.

Love the set of 3 - and as I thought, it does look great in blue ;)

I have to say the triple one would look fab blown up. REally is a good idea.

My lad wants it blown up, framed and on his wall - success at last - pity he's not gonna pay for it :D

Lovely stuff, John. That last one would either look nice just in one frame as is,,, or as separate shots in one of those triple shot frames if you know what I mean! :)

Matt - I like your thinking!

Janice - Suzanne (better half) would prefer 3 separate frames as per your idea - James and I prefer 1 frame - fight, fight, fight!!!

The thee RGB works well.
I'll leave it to you to fight over the framing..

Thanks Chewyuk and thanks DF

Love this Tri shot John - How easy it is to display 3 images on one photo ?

If I remember rightly once I'd created my three images I simply opened up a blank canvas and copied and moved each image in there. As ever I know someone will let me know of an easier way :D but I was just playing around in a trial and error way - seemed to work for me!

And yes DF I had thought of canvas blocks - and I'm leaning towards 3 separate canvases at the mo....I'm about to do some price investigation!

How about getting it done on canvas blocks ?

Would that not detract from the impact ... :thinking: ... imo it needs ultra clear semi gloss card for an absolutely stunning effect ... think the texture of canvas might spoil the effect ... imo of course ... :D

Fantastic trio John ... certainly can see that mounted and hung ... it'll be a seller for sure ... (y)

One Chrissie present sorted then ... :LOL:

:p

Would that not detract from the impact ... :thinking: ... imo it needs ultra clear semi gloss card for an absolutely stunning effect ... think the texture of canvas might spoil the effect ... imo of course ...

Thanks Ven - choices choices!!! :D I might try both!!!

In the words of Bryan Adams..

I got my first real five-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
It was the summer of 69

Though I'd never have noticed if you hadn't told me :)

I dunno - you confide in people and they just spill the beans!!!!

Its got 6 now - perhaps I should reshoot!

Back