Abstracts!

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
This weeks theme for the 52 week project is Abstract. Being inspired by Mother Nature and the cold and wet windy day she gave us today, I ventured in the garden and got wet, but very pleased with the results

Week 23, Abstract #1 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 23, Abstract #2 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week23, Abstract #3 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 23, Abstract #4 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Number 1:

This is a handful of drinking straws, stuffed inside a tissue roll tube, took 6 pictures altering the camera position very slightly on some pics.

Lens was sigma 70-300 apo + a close up lens, giving quite high magnification

I then stacked these in a programme called Starstax . The stacked image was opened in elements 10, where I increased the contrast and saturation and a sharpen.

Number 2:

This was 9 pictures of rain water on my patio table, which has black glass making the patterns stand out quite well, again I stacked these images to give the different patterns, upped the contrast again and did a black and white conversion using the infra red preset in elements 10 which made things stand out quite well, I then used the adjust colour option and decreased the red channel and got this colour, plus a sharpen Lens was 18-55 with close up lens

Number 3:

This is the brass handle on my patio door, raw file opened and blacks pushed to around the 60 mark I think, pushed the fill light a little as well, then opened in elements 10 and saturation pushed a little and a sharpen too. 18-55 with close up lens

Number 4:

This is the pole for my clothes line! I was looking at rain drops and saw this one and manged a couple of shots before it dripped away! Pushed blacks a little on the raw file, converted to b+w in elements 10 and I used adjust colour and added blue, which I am really liking at the moment.

Hope have explained that clearly enough, if not let me know (y)

Really pleased with this set of pictures and I feel a much stronger interpretation of the theme than in last years project

Last edited:
Really cool ideas there, Michael.
I like #1 and #3 over the others, but all are interesting ways to shoot on a wet day!

Number 4 certainly looks like something taken on an electron microscope.

An interesting set, though. :)

Very nice imaginative set and well processed, great stuff.

Love them all :)
I normally end up sulking on a wet day, but you have made the most of it and made some really nice photos. All of them would look great on a wall :)

Fab set of images!!!

Love them all :)
I normally end up sulking on a wet day, but you have made the most of it and made some really nice photos. All of them would look great on a wall :)

Thanks Chris, pleased you like them, very happy with them indeed.

Fab set of images!!!

Thanks Andy (y)

Really nice work Michael, I love that first one (y) I think that it would make brilliant desktop image (y)

Matt

Hiya Matt, thanks very much for commenting, these have been well received in my 52 thread, so a great success :)

they are cool, esp number 1

trippy colours (y)

Back