advice on car type chargers for D40

Edit My Images
No
I wouldn't mind a spare battery charger for my D40 to keep in the motor for those times when you go away and forget your proper charger etc.

I see on ebay they are only a fiver from the far east, has anyone any experience of these or recommendations, I realise they might be a tad dodgy but guess they can't do much harm for the few times it will be used.

Many thanks for any views.

Gte a small inverter for the cigarette lighter socket - then use your 240v charger in total peace of mind.

The beauty of doing it this way is the inverter costs about the same as a charger (OK, not £5 of rippoffmerchants china inc.) but about a tenner - big deal.

The inverter takes the 3 pin plug from any of your devices, soyou can run your laptop on location, charge anything you want using its own charger (phone, AA batteries for flashes, ipod.....)

It works out much more cost effective than a dedicated car charger - and only one thing to take.

Do you possibly have a link to this inverter? Please.

Thanks.

Hi Wail :)

I picked up a "Ring" brand inverter from Tesco for £12, it's 150w and allow me to run a couple of battery chargers and a wee fridge in the boot of the car..(click the pic for details and a dearer source on Fleabay :wacky:)

SURELY that makes coffee as well.....

It's too paranoid to make coffee, what with having a brain the size of a planet....:LOL:

Marvin_(HHGG).jpg

FITP,

Thank you for that, but I am a tiny bit too far from the nearest Tesco right now :bang:

But, if all goes well, I may be closer some times soon.

Of course, I should be able to find one local to me, but am too lazy to go looking.

Wail, try shopping in real shops instead of the internet.

It is a whole new experience where you can meet real people - and take real pictures!

:LOL:

real shops, real people, real pictures ... nice idea, but am not that brave; as for pictures, I try to keep my shots away from shops and people as much as I possibly can.

Back