advice please am off to FIA on Sunday

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
So first time to an air show on Sunday, have hired a canon 100-400mm L lens for the weekend, so would like any helpful tips to get better photos .
Would a monopod help me as had trouble getting a good photo of the fighter jets today.

I think this needs to go into the talk photos section/equipment section perhaps? Just thought there were going to be images in here, but there's nothing Michael.

If you're struggling with the weight of the lens, go for the monopod, you can always take it off the monopod and shoot handheld.

Also be careful of your exposure I guess, the sky will be bright (if its not raining) so exposure is going to be fun to get right I imagine (having not shot aircraft, I can't advise too much on that, but from taking photos of birds in the sky, thats what I would assume, anyway).

Will be good to see the images, I do check out the aircraft section in TP but I dont comment as my critique isn't worth anything in the aircraft threads other than if i actually like the image, but I'll keep an eye out for your photos :)

Back